It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 1:25 pm

Info/instructions for installing/using Bovenkerk Hinsz

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

prosthotoothist

Info/instructions for installing/using Bovenkerk Hinsz

PostSun Apr 17, 2016 3:46 pm

I have had the complete sample set for the Bovenkerk Hinsz for several months and have struggled to learn what everything is or means since it is in a non-English language. I have unsuccessfully searched for any kind of information about its installation and use, so I have gotten rather frustrated. Surely, there must be something somewhere that I am overlooking regarding this wonderful sample set. I also think that I must not have something installed properly since I can't get some of the stops to sound. I would really appreciate any information that users of this set are willing to share with me.

Thanks,

Tom

OrganoPleno

Re: Info/instructions for installing/using Bovenkerk Hinsz

PostSun Apr 17, 2016 10:24 pm

> I have had the complete sample set for the Bovenkerk Hinsz for several months and have struggled to learn what everything is or means since it is in a non-English language.

There shouldn't really be much there in a "non-English language" except the Dutch Names of all the Stops and the Divisions, and that the Couplers are called "Kopeling".

> I have unsuccessfully searched for any kind of information about its installation and use, so I have gotten rather frustrated.

Installing the set should be straight-forward.

You can read about the Organ on the milandigitalaudio.com website, and if you need to translate any of the stop names, you can check the Organ Stop Encyclopedia online.

> Surely, there must be something somewhere that I am overlooking regarding this wonderful sample set.

When active in your Hauptwerk system, there is a menu item under the "Organ" Tab for "Organ Information". Click on this to see either a PDF about the Instrument, or some relevant Web-pages (off-line).

> I also think that I must not have something installed properly since I can't get some of the stops to sound.

Configuring the set for your system, remember that this is a four-manual Organ, so all of those four manuals have to be assigned to somewhere that you can play them (fixed manuals or floating divisions on your own system).

> I would really appreciate any information that users of this set are willing to share with me.

Work on some of these ideas, then perhaps you can formulate some more specific questions that others can reply to.

mdyde

PostMon Apr 18, 2016 4:12 am

Hello Tom,

[Topic moved here.]

You must already have it installed properly, otherwise you wouldn't have been able to load the organ at all.

Note that there are three separate organ definitions for the Bovenkerk Hinsz sample set -- ones for volumes 1, 2 and 3. Since you have a licence for volume 3, make sure you're loading the volume 3 organ definition, which has the full set of stops and ranks.

As others have mentioned, its user guide is the main place to look for information on how to use the controls on its virtual console. The filename of that user guide is Hinsz_User_Guide-vol.3.pdf, and it would have been included on the DVDs (if you bought the sample set on DVD), or one of the download links (if you downloaded the sample set). Let us know if you have any difficulty finding that file and we can send you a new link to download it.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

prosthotoothist

PostMon Apr 18, 2016 1:32 pm

To all,

Thanks for replying and giving me some things to try. Martin, I have searched for the file that you listed and it does not appear to be on my computer. I would be very appreciative if you could forward a link where I can download the file since it is likely to have the kind of information that I need.

Regards,

Tom

mdyde

PostTue Apr 19, 2016 3:37 am

Hello Tom,

No problem; I've sent you an email with the download details.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Hauptwerk instruments