It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:47 am

Klais Organ of Szikszo (41/3+P)- new sample set

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

organplayer

Re: Klais Organ of Szikszo (41/3+P)- new sample set

PostTue Aug 23, 2016 7:11 am

I agree, both methods you described have advantages and disadvantages. But there is a third one which I personally prefer (and it is a few times offered): It means full sampleset with all stops and full range but time-limited. It stops after let's say a minute or two (I prefer) and you have to reload the organ if you like to continue evaluation. With this method you get the best impression of sound, all stops etc. On the other hand there is absolutely no danger that this sampleset is used for long-time playing without buying it.

(What I hate is the method to integrate a chime every 10 seconds. It destroys the impression completely)

takatsa

PostTue Aug 23, 2016 10:46 am

organplayer wrote: ...there is a third one which I personally prefer... It means full sampleset with all stops and full range but time-limited.

Yes, this is a suitable method. But my sample set contains non-proprietary, simple wav files. This is beneficial to the buyer because it enables versatile and flexible use. But it does not provide adequate protection for the demo sample set.

profeluisegarcia

PostWed Aug 24, 2016 7:57 pm

takatsa wrote:
organplayer wrote:...the problem with the demo-sampleset is the unlucky (and unusual) limitation with only two octaves.

I think this method is correct and I do not want it to change.
Best regards, Augustine

I think Agustine´s method to share demos is the best in the market. I just pulled out each one and all the Vasvár´s stops and I found the organ very rich both in solo ranks and combined sounds. I´ll get it.

profeluisegarcia

PostMon Aug 29, 2016 5:14 pm

Hello all¡
Please let me share my experience with this first Klais organ in HW collection.

I have admired Klais organ facades and I wondered about their pipes sound. As Organplayer wrote days ago and Augustine explained, perhaps this organ is not a typical Klais offspring (anyway, sons of the same mother may behave differently as I have seen with Casavants, Walckers, etc.) but I have found it very interesting, with a wide variety of sounds and and available at hand extended couplers panel, adequate reverb, 5 octaves , etc. so it is fitted to me to play many romantic and symphonic works I used to play in my favorites Arlesheim and Utrecht.

I think is it a very good organ and good deal for its price.

Luis

organplayer

PostTue Nov 08, 2016 1:02 pm

In the meantime I had the opportunity to play with the full (extended) sampleset of this organ a lot of time. Compared to the demo-sampleset I tested before, with the full version I reached a different conclusion: Yes, it is not a typical Klais-organ, and Augustine explained it in detail why.

But: This sampleset offers a lot of interesting and well sounding stops. And in addition this becomes more interesting and flexible, because Augustine added a lot of couples (which dont exist in the original organ). You can just couple everything on every manual to get the mixed (combined) sound of stops you like. Ok, this is very unusual and I have never seen this before with an sampleset for hauptwerk. Yes, if it is used extensively it distorts the original sound of the organ and the traditional organplayers (purists :) ) may not be happy with this. But why not? After experimenting with these possibility a lot of time I would like to have this feature (to couple whatever wherever you want) for other samplesets too.

Summary: It's not a typical Klais-organ, but an interesting sampleset with a lot of possibilities for a very reasonable price. And if you use it well, it sounds well (especially if you do a lot of improvisation as I do).

takatsa

PostTue Nov 08, 2016 2:48 pm

Dear Organplayer,
Thanks for the detailed analysis.
The Hauptwerk app - using extra copulas - provide opportunities to exploit the organ. You can decide to use only the original organ or experiment with the extended couplers. If you read the specification of the organ, then you know what is original and what is enlargement. And it is up to you which one to use. I think that's fair. Thanks again, you're back to this issue, it is a great help to me in the future. :)
Augustine
Previous

Return to Hauptwerk instruments