It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:22 am

Klais Organ of Szikszo (41/3+P)- new sample set

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

takatsa

Klais Organ of Szikszo (41/3+P)- new sample set

PostMon Aug 01, 2016 10:27 am

I am happy to inform everyone that completed my new sample set. This is a Modern Organ from Szikszo (Hungary). The organ was built in 1955 by Klais Organ Factory for Liebfrauenkirche of Frankfurt. The Frankfurters gave away the organ to the Hungarian parish in 2007.

The organ has three manuals and 41 stops.

The sample sets are available in wave format 48kHz/24bit, stereo, multiple loops (1-12) and multiple releases (2 levels). Equal, a=440 Hz. The reverb 3 s, reflects the original acoustics of the church. Hauptwerk v4.0 and higher supported for the Organ Definition Files.
The sample sets made in several forms.
1. The version of stereo mix (mixing of semidry and wet recording).
2, Semidry version (stereo recording two meters in front of the organ)
3. Wet version (stereo recording space of the church)
4. Surround version (3 pairs of stereo recording up close (near) and at a distance (far and in the background (rear).

Screenshots: Console, Original Jamb, Extended Jamb

Audio demos:
Three anonymous Hungarian sonatas, Bach:An Wasserflüssen Babylon - BWV 653, Stanley: Voluntary Op.7., No.5., Liszt:Introitus

More information. Alternative link.
(There are more audio demos and can be downloaded the demo of sample set).

Acknowledgements:
Four of my friends helped my work, Dominique Dantand, Gérard Lefranc, Istvan Nagy and Enrico Sandrini. They tested the sample set and prepared audio demos and gave me a lot of good advice.Their merit if the sample set became good. I really thank you for their work.
Best regards, Augustine
Last edited by takatsa on Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.

seh52

Re: Klais Organ of Szikszo (41/3+P)- new sample set

PostMon Aug 01, 2016 1:13 pm

Thanks for this beautiful organ, Augustine. I'm looking forward to trying the demo!
I am unable to use the links for further information, so am providing a link that works for me, in case it may help others: [Link removed by admin]
Last edited by seh52 on Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

seh52

PostMon Aug 01, 2016 1:16 pm

[Link removed by admin]

scottherbert

PostMon Aug 01, 2016 7:39 pm

I've been waiting for this one!!! It looks splendid. Thank you Augustine!

~Scott
"Life is just a dream, it is in death that we truly awaken!"

takatsa

PostMon Aug 08, 2016 1:35 pm

scottherbert wrote:I've been waiting for this one!!! It looks splendid. Thank you Augustine!

~Scott

Thanks Scott. There are no much interest now, but maybe after the summer break ...:)
Best regards, Augustine

Erzahler

Bri

PostThu Aug 11, 2016 8:19 am

Just in case.......

My security software (Bullguard) prevents access to that address saying that it steals financial information and plants malicious software!!!

I have purchased this sample set and am very pleased with it!

Brian

takatsa

PostFri Aug 12, 2016 4:48 am

Bri wrote:My security software (Bullguard) prevents access to that address saying that it steals financial information and plants malicious software!!!
I have purchased this sample set and am very pleased with it!Brian

Dear Brian, Thank you for your purchase and I'm glad that you like the sample set of Klais.
My host is the 000webhost.com. It's free, but reliable. My website does not contain viruses (at least I hope). :)
Augustine

rhedgebeth

PostFri Aug 12, 2016 7:03 am

Bitdefender is also blocking your site.
Richard S Hedgebeth
Westminster Organ Works
Authorized Hauptwerk reseller
http://Westminsterorganworks.com

takatsa

PostSat Aug 13, 2016 3:12 am

rhedgebeth wrote:Bitdefender is also blocking your site.

I hope one you will succeed!
site1, site2, site3

rhedgebeth

PostSat Aug 13, 2016 6:03 am

All three of these links appear to be clean. Please note that Bitdefender tests as one of the very best programs for having the fewest false positives (and all around). The probability is very high that there is indeed a problem with the original link. Several of the available antivirus programs tend to yield inordinate numbers of false positives.

Thank you for your efforts in producing these sample sets of organs that are completely unfamiliar, I'm sure, to the great majority of us.
Richard S Hedgebeth
Westminster Organ Works
Authorized Hauptwerk reseller
http://Westminsterorganworks.com

organplayer

PostMon Aug 22, 2016 10:27 am

Hello,

I tried the demo-sampleset and - sorry - I was disapointed about the sound. This is not how a typically Klais-organ sounds. I know what I'm talking about, because I'm living near Cologne/Bonn where Klais is located and some douzands of Klais-organs are installed (older and newer ones). I konw a lot of them and I by myself have the opportunity to play a Klais-organ with about 60 stops.

May be the problem with the demo-sampleset is the unlucky (and unusual) limitation with only two octaves. You get a much more better impression of the sound of an organ, if the sampleset contains just a few carefully selected stops with the whole range of keys. Most other demo-samplesets are done in this way.

Anyway that's only my opinion. If someone is happy with this sampleset that's fine for me, too

Best regards
Organplayer

jharmon

PostMon Aug 22, 2016 1:15 pm

I also found the sample set too limited to make an evaluation of the instrument.

takatsa

PostTue Aug 23, 2016 1:54 am

organplayer wrote:This is not how a typically Klais-organ sounds. I know what I'm talking about, because I'm living near Cologne/Bonn where Klais is located and some douzands of Klais-organs are installed (older and newer ones). I konw a lot of them and I by myself have the opportunity to play a Klais-organ with about 60 stops.

Dear Organplayer,
This is not the coolest Klais organ. I have written in detail on the website that the organ has been scrapped and the owner gave away. The organ was reinstalled in a modern and relatively small church, so that the acoustic environment is different from the original. But it is a Klais and it is still the only Klais of interpretation Hauptwerk.
Best regards,
Augustine
Last edited by takatsa on Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

takatsa

PostTue Aug 23, 2016 2:31 am

organplayer wrote:...the problem with the demo-sampleset is the unlucky (and unusual) limitation with only two octaves.

On this issue, opinions differ. The Sonus paradisi create a demo set from a selection of some register, which - like a small organ - can be used independently. (This is a great game and many are happy about this. And then we put together a large, free composite from the little organs.) They say a drop contains the entire sea. But this is not true for the organ because of the small sample you can not to infer the missing registers.
I follow the older method of Inspired Acoustic for producing a demo. My intention is that you get an impression of all the registers and the combined sound of this. In my understanding, the demo is not meant to play on the organ but to get information on the overall sample set. (Let us not forget that most distributors did not publish a demo version.)
And in addition, I am uploading a lot of demo audio-recording, which is good organists play a variety of pieces. These recording are free of any manipulation, you can be sure that the sample set will work with you to do so.
I think this method is correct and I do not want it to change.
Best regards, Augustine
Next

Return to Hauptwerk instruments