It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:32 am

Pedal bass query

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

paulw

Pedal bass query

PostFri Aug 05, 2016 7:30 am

I hope you don't mind me asking but with very limited resources (space and money!) likely for a while, I am not able to be able to avail myself of a pedal board.

I am LOVING learning the organ (http://npor.org.uk/NPORView.html?RI=N09368) over the last few years and Hauptwerk has meant I can practice far more than I could ever have access to a church instrument nearby.

However, I'm wondering if chums know which instruments have a Pedal Bass function where you can assign the lowest played note to the Pedal registration. Obviously St Anne's, and I have purchased Hereford 46 which I love, but are there any others with this feature?

I appreciate it's not the purist solution, but it does add to my personal enjoyment.

Any info very much appreciated

Paul

sesquialtra25

Re: Pedal bass query

PostFri Aug 05, 2016 8:12 am

Hi Sir.

Hauptwerk software does already have a built in feature that allows this to happen with any Sample Set.

If your able to explore the software, Your likely to find it, Mostly likely in the coupling system (P to 1 - 2 - 3 - 4) Whatever you desire.

Thanks

Aaron

rhedgebeth

PostFri Aug 05, 2016 8:23 am

The master pedal to manual couplers are accessible from either the large or mini control panels in the view tab, the leftmost tab for each division, marked "P Bass". This unless the sample set creator has disabled the feature of course (I think all OAM sets in particular?)
Richard S Hedgebeth
Westminster Organ Works
Authorized Hauptwerk reseller
http://Westminsterorganworks.com

paulw

PostSat Aug 06, 2016 3:12 am

You keep on discovering new things :D

Thanks all - will have a play

Paul

engrssc

PostSun Aug 07, 2016 5:08 pm

Martin's far sightedness has made these "discoveries" possible. He has incorporated so many of them even before we "needed" them.

Rgds,
Ed

Return to Hauptwerk instruments