It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:33 am

CODM Rouen st. Ouen with new graphic interface

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

Aristide

CODM Rouen st. Ouen with new graphic interface

PostThu Sep 01, 2016 8:16 am

Dear collegues organists,

I am happy to announce the new version of my Rouen st. Ouen simulation. Thanks to the wonderful work of Christoph Schmitz, who sell this sample set from his new site, this CODM (custom organ design module) organ has now a new graphic interface, very realistic, created on the model of the real st. Ouen consolle. See here:

http://hauptwerk-organ.com/aristide1

I created this experiment some years ago, after me had the luck to play the original Rouen organ. The experiment proved to be quite succesfull (some organists started even a discussion about the fact nobody gave me permission to sample the real Rouen organ.. true, this is why me created a simulation of it, quite near the original organ, starting from 3 sample sets on the market of other organs (you need to buy them to use this composite organ), and not the original Rouen.

The 3 organs needed are: Notre-Dame de Metz (MDA), Caen 2,5 and st. Maximin en Provence 2 (both Sonus Paradisi). Another organ is required but it’s a demo sample set, and can be downloaded from Sonus Paradisi for free: it's the Dom Bedos Model demo.

Here I put 2 demos I did of the first versions of this CODM. Now the tuning\harmonization changed a bit (in best, I hope, but in anycase everybody can change the tuning\harmonization inside Hauptwerk)

The installation now is very simple, and the CODM is installed as all other Hauptwerk organs from a .rar file.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcMFN7NLlw8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rePUk4JIxdg

Lorenzo Bonoldi

Patrick Larhant

Re: CODM Rouen st. Ouen with new graphic interface

PostMon Sep 26, 2016 1:01 pm

I'm quite frustrated that there doesn't exist any St-Ouen sampleset. So I had a try to this CODM and am more than happy with it. The installation is very easy. The graphics have "the Cavaillé-Coll" feeling and the stops disposition is exactly the same as it is at the true console. The sound has amazingly captured the so characteristic "St-Ouen feeling", with the carillon on the swell and the fierce and precise tutti (IMHO the best symphonic tutti available for Hauptwerk). I still have to explore all the details, but this work already deserves a big bravo ! I'm now much less frustrated :D

chr.schmitz

Re: CODM Rouen st. Ouen with new graphic interface

PostTue Sep 27, 2016 7:07 am

Dear Patrick!

Thank you very much for this kind comment! I am glad to hear that you love the wonderful sound as much we do :D We have to say a big thank you to the producers of the original sample sets.

Stay tuned :wink: We are currently working on a minor update...

Best,
Christoph

Return to Hauptwerk instruments