It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:53 am

Aeolian-Skinner from Sonus Paradisi forthcomming

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

162_Ranks

Re: Aeolian-Skinner from Sonus Paradisi forthcomming

PostFri Dec 16, 2016 9:37 pm

Hi Jake -

Does the extension have the same memory requirements or do the extra virtual ranks consume more memory when loaded?

162_Ranks

subbas32

PostFri Dec 16, 2016 9:46 pm

Hello 162_Ranks,

Does the extension have the same memory requirements or do the extra virtual ranks consume more memory when loaded?

The extension does require more RAM than the original organ. For a given configuration, I'm estimating that the extension requires ~25% more RAM.

Best regards,

Jake

Morse

PostFri Dec 16, 2016 10:37 pm

Does the extension include new samples for the 16' extensions? Or is everything done in software?

Best regards,
Al Morse

1961TC4ME

PostSat Dec 17, 2016 12:42 am

I'd just like to ask concerning the extension, how exactly was it derived? In an effort to purchase an authentic Aeolian Skinner set which a number of us (including myself) have long waited for, I'm not interested unless it's all Aeolian Skinner sourced and I'm for sure not interested in a composite set pieced together from other sources. An explanation with detailed information on of how it came about would be greatly appreciated. We've waited it out this long, what's another couple of months or years?

Thanks much,

Marc

subbas32

PostSat Dec 17, 2016 1:22 am

Hello Al,
Does the extension include new samples for the 16' extensions? Or is everything done in software?

No new .wav files are supplied with the extension.

Hello Marc,
I'd just like to ask concerning the extension, how exactly was it derived?

All the ranks in the extension are based on the Aeolian-Skinner samples in the original sample-set. None of the new ranks come from other sample-sets. The original ODF from Sonus Paradisi was used as a starting point and no changes were made to the original ranks. This means that the original organ can still be used when the extension is loaded.

The additional stops for the extension were chosen to be consistent with the Aeolian-Skinner building style. Care was taken not to enlarge the organ too much for the acoustic space in which the original organ resides.

Best regards,

Jake

1961TC4ME

PostSat Dec 17, 2016 12:21 pm

subbas32 wrote:Hello Al,

No new .wav files are supplied with the extension.

Hello Marc,
I'd just like to ask concerning the extension, how exactly was it derived?

All the ranks in the extension are based on the Aeolian-Skinner samples in the original sample-set. None of the new ranks come from other sample-sets. The original ODF from Sonus Paradisi was used as a starting point and no changes were made to the original ranks. This means that the original organ can still be used when the extension is loaded.

The additional stops for the extension were chosen to be consistent with the Aeolian-Skinner building style. Care was taken not to enlarge the organ too much for the acoustic space in which the original organ resides.

Best regards,

Jake

Thanks, Jake, much appreciated.

Marc

162_Ranks

PostSat Dec 17, 2016 7:30 pm

I've had the original set and extension for a couple of days now, I have to say I am really enjoying both. The small acoustic, which worried me a bit, is in fact a real pleasure to play. The sample are gorgeous and well balanced. The extension is VERY impressive. Unless I refer back to the stop jamb (which continues to show only the original stops), I can honestly not tell which ranks are extended. All very much in the expected style of the organ. Wonderful job to all concerned!

Brad

mnailor

PostSat Dec 17, 2016 11:21 pm

I'm enjoying the original instrument sampleset. Looking forward to the next SP release of a US organ.

Well done.

deftech

PostSun Dec 18, 2016 2:43 pm

Hi, I'm interested in purchasing this sample set after trying the demonstration set. What is the price in US currency? How does a person order it in the US? Thanks.

Gerryo

PostSun Dec 18, 2016 2:47 pm

You pay with PayPal. They do the conversion
Exchange rates are pretty good now.

1961TC4ME

PostSun Dec 18, 2016 3:18 pm

deftech wrote:Hi, I'm interested in purchasing this sample set after trying the demonstration set. What is the price in US currency? How does a person order it in the US? Thanks.

You need to set up an account on the SP website, very simple to do. When you place your order as Gerryo mentions, set up to pay with Paypal, it will do the conversion for you. Once you've made the payment the download links should show up in your account shortly thereafter, last I recall the links will be under "my product." After the conversion from Euro to USD it will run you about $260. Yes, great time to buy as the exchange rate is in favor of we Hauptwerkians here in the US right now. :D

Marc

deftech

PostMon Dec 19, 2016 2:38 pm

Thanks. It was easy and I'm downloading the files on my Hauptwork computer. I'm looking forward to playing this instrument for hours during the holidays! :D

engrssc

PostMon Dec 19, 2016 5:10 pm

deftech wrote:I'm looking forward to playing this instrument for hours during the holidays!

You will enjoy it. And the extension if you decide on it as well.

Rgds,'
Ed

subbas32

PostTue Dec 20, 2016 5:46 pm

Hello all,

An update for the extension is being prepared based on the feedback I have received to date. It will include the following:
    1. A new display page with the stops arranged using the AGO conventions for stop layout.
    2. Left/right stop jambs. You will be able to choose between AGO or European stop layouts. Both will be available in vertical and horizontal layouts.
Best regards,

Jake

engrssc

PostTue Dec 20, 2016 6:50 pm

Great. Thanks, Jake.

Rgds,
Ed
PreviousNext

Return to Hauptwerk instruments