It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:49 am

New Hauptwerk Extension Project

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

Gabor512

Re: New Hauptwerk Extension Project

PostTue Dec 13, 2016 11:36 am

Hello.

I vote for Rotterdam (but also for a mix Dry/Sorround of Velesovo, Zwolle and Menesterol).
I would like to have on Rotterdam:

- On Bovenwerk a Viola Gamba more in Cavaillé-Coll style instead of now; same for Viola Gamba SW more in Cavaillé-Coll style.
- On Hoofdwerk a Flûte harmonique 8' instead of actual Open fluit 8'; and an additional Trompet 4'.
- On Pedal it would be nice a Violonbaß 16' and a Cello 8'; a graver Bazuin 16' and 32' than now.

Thanks for your attention
Gabriele

PS: Caen 4 extended is so marvellous!!!

subbas32

PostTue Dec 13, 2016 8:02 pm

Hello Gabriele,

Thanks for your comments and suggestions!

I have been discussing the many proposed extensions for the Rotterdam sample-set with the beta testing team. We will present a proposed stop-list as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Jake

Gabor512

PostWed Dec 14, 2016 1:46 am

Hi Jake, thank you very much for reply.
I can't wait for it!!! :P
Kind regards
Gabriele

Romanos

PostMon Dec 19, 2016 12:28 am

I'm just tagging myself to this thread as I'm most intrigued with what will come of this!

subbas32

PostThu Dec 22, 2016 7:26 pm

Hello all,

Since the forum is closing soon for the Christmas break, here is a quick status update on the extension for the Sonus Paradisi Rotterdam sample-set. Below is a link to a list of stops that have been tested and will tentatively be included in the extension. Please note that this is not a complete stoplist, as there still are a number of stops which have not been tested. The stops shown in black are original, those shown in red are new additions, and those shown in blue are original stops for which there will be alternative samples. All of these stops are independent (no unifications).

Thanks to Martijn70 and ludu for sharing their expertise and providing feedback on the new stops!

Click here to view the tentative stop list

Furthermore, the following features will also be included:
    1. Extended pedal range of 32 notes.
    2. Extended manual ranges of 61 notes (5 octaves).
    3. Divisional cancels for each division.
    4. A separate keyboard for the chamades which will make it possible to couple the chamades down to any of the other 4 keyboards. In this way it can be used as a floating division, or it can be assigned to a physical keyboard.
    5. Expression for the Borstwerk and the Rugwerk
    6. Single display page with all stops
    7. Horizontal/vertical and left/right split jambs
    8. Choice of different color schemes for the new display pages
    9. Divided pedal (split pedal) with adjustable split point
    10. Piano pedal (similar to what was added to the 4-manual Caen extension)
    11. Sostenuto feature for each manual (as found on St. Eustache)
Wishing everybody a great Christmas break!

Best regards,

Jake

Gabor512

PostFri Jan 20, 2017 11:48 am

Hello Jake.
I like the extended stops you put in the organ.
I would like to have a Violonbaß 16' and a Cello 8' on the Pedal, a Flûte harmonique 8' on the Hoofdwerk, and a Quintadeen 4' on Boorstwerk.
It would be nice if you could change the two Bazuin 32' and 16' making their voice darker.
Thank you in advance and Compliments for all!!!
Gabriele

subbas32

PostFri Jan 20, 2017 9:26 pm

Thanks, Gabriele, for your feedback!

I will be posting an updated stop-list after further experimentation.

Best regards,

Jake

murph

PostFri Jan 20, 2017 9:45 pm

Just as a quick aside, I treated myself to Caen over Christmas, with the addition of Jake's extension.
I have to say, it is well worth it (the extension). The original is absolutely wonderful. I am very happy with both.

marcothart

PostFri Feb 17, 2017 6:15 am

Hello Jake,

The tempting list looks promissing!

Please consider two 32' stops on the Bovenwerk (Bourdon 32 and Fagot 32 for example). I hope that these extensions are possible ...

I really love the Caen Extension, with its Montre 32 ;-)
I recently recorded a nice romantic piece (Choral: Ein feste Burg) on the Caen Extension in a very large cathedral setting (added reverb).
If you want you can listen here: http://www.contrebombarde.com/concerthall/music/24286

Good luck with the Rotterdam Extension!
Marco

DavidBeschauer

PostMon Feb 27, 2017 9:43 am

I am delighted with the Rotterdam extensions! I was notified about it by ProfLuisGarcia, only two days after I had inquired of Sonus Paridisi about whether anyone had extended the set to five full keyboards!

I have a couple of questions.

1) how difficult would it be to reprogram the stop control screens to have standard drawknob heads, displaying the stops in standard AGO division format and standard sequence?

2) how difficult would it be to copy (not move!) the 16' Dulzian on the Great to the Chamade work, and extend it down to a 32' Dulzian of 61 notes?

3) how difficult would it be to copy (not move) the V Cornet on the Great to the Chamade work?

I would then revoice (2) and (3) for that division.

I am REALLY delighted to see the Voce Umana on the Borstwerk. I can easily revoice that to produce a Principal-sounding celeste rank with the 8' Prestant if the new Voce Umana is not already -- which is my idea of tonal luxury. I did, once, add an 8' Principal (TC) to the existing 8' Choir Principal, in a rebuild of an EM Skinner 4-manual which was otherwise entirely undistinguished in nearly every respect. I have missed the luxury of that sound! To have one in which the celeste-Principal was a full 61 notes...mama-mia!

David Beschauer
davidjbeschauer@gmail.com

MPiercey

PostMon Feb 27, 2017 3:32 pm

A nice SOFT 32' flute in the pedal would also be nice in addition to the proposed louder 32' flute.

scottherbert

PostMon Feb 27, 2017 4:12 pm

Hi Jake,

One thing that I do not understand, perhaps because I have not heard your modifications, is the lack of a Bombarde 16' in the pedal. I understand that you intended to re-enforce the Bazuins, but what I have heard of them, they are not a substitute! Perhaps I am wrong, and if so, forgive me, but it seems as though some of this extension has been to make the organ usable for French repertoire.

Perhaps this is just my love of Cavaille-Coll pedal Bombardes showing! :oops:

~S
"Life is just a dream, it is in death that we truly awaken!"

subbas32

PostTue Feb 28, 2017 2:07 am

Hello,

Thank-you to all for the extensive comments that have been posted on this thread! All of the suggestions are definitely possible, but it will take some further experimentation to determine whether or not they sound convincing. I will work on this and update the stop-list accordingly. Unfortunately things are a little busy for me at the moment, but I will address this as soon as I can.

My apologies that this project has not been moving so fast!

Best regards,

Jake

ChangedForever

PostTue Feb 28, 2017 8:46 am

Where to get the extension by Jake?

Been watching this thread for quite sometime. Now that I am the lucky owner of the Rotterdam, how is it possible to get the extension when it is finished? I've reviewed the previous 4 pages of posts several times; unable to find pictures and other sites no longer work. I am in total agreement in paying a man for his time and work, just don't know where to look.

Is Jake going to send out a note to interested parties when it's available (do I need to send a PM to get on his mailing list), or will it be listed in this forum with a private link to download / pay? I would not imagine the link to be posted on the Sonus Paradisi site; does Jake have a website that he posts his extensions to?.... It's getting near spring here in the country and I'm sure the tree frogs are looking for those deep rumbles coming from my subs :shock:--- I don't want to disappoint them!!

Thanks for the read,
Mark

jharmon

PostTue Feb 28, 2017 9:42 am

Jiri does graciously provide Jake's email address on the Sonus site. It is Customhorgans@gmail.com. Jake provides excellent modifications on the Caen and is very inexpensive. He is completing his graduate program and I'm sure under personal time constraints but is quick to respond to questions at his email address.
PreviousNext

Return to Hauptwerk instruments