It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:22 am

Lipiny - new free sample set

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

engrssc

Re: Lipiny - new free sample set

PostFri Oct 28, 2016 10:03 pm

Thanks for that info and for the mirror. I questioned that RAM bit as this HP (Internet) laptop has 16 GB of RAM. But the good news is that I downloaded the sample set via the mirror using G Chrome in under 20 minutes. I won't be home to try it for a couple days.

Rgds,
Ed

murph

PostFri Oct 28, 2016 10:24 pm

Oh! Weird. I have had this exact problem with a 4G laptop trying to download a 4.5g file, but not with an 8G one.

profeluisegarcia

PostFri Oct 28, 2016 11:24 pm

¡Great! I was looking also for the alternative mirror link to trial this instrument.
Piotr`s organs enrich very much our virtual libraries at very low investments. ¡Thanks!

Luis

Mixtuur4st

PostSat Oct 29, 2016 2:25 am

murph wrote:This may be related to how Mega uses your browser for downloads. It caches everything to ram 'till the end, then writes to the HDD. If you have under 6G ram, this download will probably fail.

This is incorrect: I downloaded this file with Mega in less then 30 minutes on a Win10-pc with just 2 GB ram.

Jack.

IainStinson

PostSat Oct 29, 2016 4:42 am

I downloaded this in a little less than 12 minutes via the "use your browser" option rather than Mega. I used Chrome for this download on Windows 10. The checksum sum on the download matched the expected value. I'm looking forward to trying it out today.

Iain

katnjack

PostTue Nov 01, 2016 10:05 pm

I downloaded the Lipiny organ this afternoon and fell in love with it. I love the sound. It may well be the one I play the most now. Thanks for making it possible for us to have.
Jack

Scaramouche

PostMon Dec 04, 2017 9:59 pm

Good day to all.

I discovered the Lipiny sample set last week. Actually I'm not a fan of romantic music, but I needed a good virtual instrument to play some harmonium scores. As there are no good freeware harmoniums for Hauptwerk I searched for some romantic organs. The Lipiny sample set, along with the Szczecinek, are the two substantially built and well balanced instruments with the true romantic sound.

The free reed Trompete is the very special stop I rarely heard before - there are a lot of free reed Clarinets but not Trompetes. I know some free reed examples of trumpet stops on certain small church Latvian organs - and yes, they all sounds a lot like oversized harmonium :) . Unfortunately, in case of Lipiny this stop has very slow speech (up to almost 0,5 sec!) on some notes, so maybe it's not intended for solo work but for some coloration and spice to the registrations (VdG + Doppelrohrfloete + Trompete sounds nice) - but this sounds very beautiful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB0X5GvLu7Y. This organ also has a nice pedal Posaune with mild and nasal sound - some notes sounds like overdriven regal :) .

So this sample set is definitely an excellent mid-sized romantic instrument. Being mainly the renaissance / baroque repertoire player I just have noting to say.

steverose

PostWed Dec 06, 2017 7:50 pm

I have tried several times to download Lipiny with no success. Did you have any issues with downloading it?
Previous

Return to Hauptwerk instruments