It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:36 pm

A new sample-set in Switzerland

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

takatsa

Re: A new sample-set in Switzerland

PostWed Nov 16, 2016 2:23 am

OrganoPleno wrote:It would be helpful if you could set things up to accept donations through Pay-Pal. That is much more practical for users in the USA, compared to an international wire-transfer (which can be expensive).

Yes, that's what I think too. :)

lefranc22

PostWed Nov 16, 2016 4:59 am

It would be helpful if you could set things up to accept donations through Pay-Pal.

I agree, we are working on. But everything is so slow in Switzerland :(
Our PayPal account can be used now, at aoevgeneve@gmail.com

takatsa

PostWed Nov 16, 2016 10:49 am

I tried to fix errors reported by Tweedle_Dee and Adrian, but unfortunately so far there is no good solution to solve the problem.
Adrian has offered to write a guide for manual adjustment. We will publish the guidance on our website, so it will help for everyone.
Augustine

takatsa

PostThu Nov 17, 2016 4:32 pm

Adrian has prepared the user-manual:
MIDI Control of the stops
An unusual but distinctive and very useful feature of the original Grenzing organ is the ability to selectively and individually couple both the upper (descant, or supérieur) and lower (bass, or inferieur) registers of the Positive to the Grand Orgue.

To accurately emulate this feature in Hauptwerk has required an unusually complex organ-model to be created. “Hidden” stop controls are used for the descant half of each positive stop.

Normal Hauptwerk installation (described in the HW manual) is all that is necessary if stop control is by mouse or touchscreen. However, an extra installation step is required to allow MIDI control of the virtual stops from an organ console with real stop-knobs or stop-tabs. It will also be necessary if using an external MIDI sequencer to control the organ. A brief guide on doing this can be downloaded here

Thank you, Adrian :)

lefranc22

PostFri Nov 25, 2016 5:57 am

The Eaux-Vives pages of the Augustine's website were hacked tonight. Its a shame! The alternative link is still working (look at the previous posts)
What a happy world...
Update: already fixed :D

8ftStop

PostFri Nov 25, 2016 9:55 am

OrganoPleno wrote:
lefranc22 wrote:The sample-set is a shareware.

It would be helpful if you could set things up to accept donations through Pay-Pal. That is much more practical for users in the USA, compared to an international wire-transfer (which can be expensive).

Yes, Pay-Pal would help me as well. Thank you.

lefranc22

PostFri Nov 25, 2016 10:26 am

Yes, Pay-Pal would help me as well

PayPal is now working for us. You can send a donation to the AOEV address: aoevgeneve@gmail.com
Or using this direct link https://www.paypal.me/GrandchampAlain
Thank you for your help.

8ftStop

PostMon Dec 05, 2016 6:43 am

I have filled in the online form twice to get the authorization to download the file. I waited over 48 hours each time, but I still have not received a reply. I'm pretty sure I used the alternate link the second time. Maybe it is related to the account being hacked. Just now, I used the alternate link and made the request again. I got a pop-up that said the form has been submitted.

Is there something different that I should try? Thanks,

Scott Duncan

lefranc22

PostMon Dec 05, 2016 11:54 am

Is there something different that I should try?

Yes I received both requests and I sent you twice a mail with the download links. But - dont know why - those mails where rejected by Google.
I received today an other request from you and my answer was rejected too, with the mention "--Apple-Mail=_A5AD7C18-6348-4CA3-A2C0-1610A9995D69--". I dont know what it means. I thus tried to send you and other mail, cutting everything that was not absolutely necessary and it was not rejected until now. Can you confirm that you received it, with the links?
Yes, the AVO account was hacked but it is now online with a new provider and seems to be clean. I'm now just avoiding using links to the AVO website since one provider (french "Orange") blacklisted those links, temporarily I hope. I sent many time the same mail without such problem, since the sample-set is available.
Sorry for the disadvantage.
Update: at last we succeed :D

lefranc22

PostTue Feb 21, 2017 9:59 am

Since the 1st post about the Grenzing organ of Geneva, in November, we had many requests for this sample set and few donations. But only 2 or 3 feedbacks. We'll be happy to receive some opinions, to be able to improve our work, for the next sample set which we have in project.
We also got several requests for invalid email address. Sorry, but its impossible to send any link to an address which doesn't exist. If you asked for the sample set and never received answer, please check your email address and make a new request.
The AOEV team
Previous

Return to Hauptwerk instruments