It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:08 am

Rieger Organ from Esztergom (30/3+P) - new sample set

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

takatsa

Rieger Organ from Esztergom (30/3+P) - new sample set

PostSat Dec 10, 2016 1:07 pm

I am happy to inform everyone that completed my new sample set. This is a Rieger organ from Franciscus church of Esztergom (Hungary). The organ was built in 1941 by Rieger-Budapest Organ Factory.

The organ has three manuals and 30 stops.

The sample sets are available in wave format 48kHz/24bit, stereo, multiple loops (1-12) and multiple releases (2 levels). Equal, a=440 Hz. The reverb 3 s, reflects the original acoustics of the church. Hauptwerk v4.0 and higher supported for the Organ Definition Files.

The sample sets made in several forms.
1. The version of stereo mix (mixing of near and far and rear recording).
2, Semidry version (stereo recording two meters in front of the organ)
3. Wet version (stereo recording space of the church)
4. Surround version (3 pairs of stereo recording up close (near) and at a distance (far) and in the background (rear).
Currently, only the stereo mix version was completed. The Surround version is expected to be finished by the end of January. But who purchase the stereo mix version until January 5, they receive for free the surround version as soon as it is produced.

Screenshots: Console of stereo-mix version and Jamb,

Audio demos:
Bach: Fuge h-moll über ein Thema von Corelli BWV 579, Brixi: Pastorella in C major, Bonnet: Chant triste, Bach: Toccata and Fuga in F BWV 540

More information. Alternative link.
(There are more audio demos and can be downloaded the demo of sample set).

Acknowledgements:
Six of my friends helped my work, Dominique Dantand, Gérard Lefranc, Istvan Nagy Enrico Sandrini, Adrian Wheal and John Loose. They tested the sample set and/or prepared audio demos and gave me a lot of good advice.Their merit if the sample set became good. I really thank you for their work.
Best regards, Augustine
Last edited by takatsa on Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

scottherbert

Re: Rieger Organ from Esztergom (30/3+P) - new sample set

PostWed Dec 14, 2016 2:43 pm

All I can say is "WOW"!!! I know you have always strived for the highest quality in all your work, and you have grown because of it. But I must say that this years offerings are the best EVER. The Klais and this Rieger just sound so wonderful, and are so flexible for so many musical styles.

Bravo, my friend! Keep them coming.

~Scott
(Boldog Karacsonyt :D )
"Life is just a dream, it is in death that we truly awaken!"

takatsa

PostWed Dec 14, 2016 3:41 pm

Thank you for your appreciation and good wishes, Scott.
The quality improvement is probably due to the fact that the money I received I bought the right microphones. And perhaps my practice have become more.
I thank everyone for their support, which will help the development. :)
God willing next year will continue this project. Preparation is underway a 38-registers neobaroque and a 54-registers modern sample sets, then I will see how to further... And, like the sample set of Grenzing Organ I am ready to help and work with anyone.

takatsa

PostFri Dec 16, 2016 1:38 am

A new audio demos:Dorian Toccata BWV 538. Playing Péter Márkuj

scottherbert

PostSat Dec 17, 2016 6:03 pm

It is very cold and wintery here, far too cold to work outside, so I took the opportunity to download this marvelous set and spent several hours playing and enjoying every minute of it!!! It's clarity is marvelous, with enough reverb to sound rich, but clear enough not to blur practice. The celeste is lush and warm and it has a good variety of flutes. The Principals, while spread over the manuals in an interesting manner, are rich and profound. I found the Mixtures a delight, brilliant and crystaline, with a unique variety capped with the Tercian Cimbal III of the Swell. A very soft mixture that, with an 8' flute, gives the impression of tiny bells!

Bach and Buxtehude sound authentic as well, in grand passages as well as chorales. Barbers' Adagio for Strings worked well, as did the obligatory gamut of Christmas Carols. :lol: The unique specification is a refreshing change of pace, allowing new, imaginative registrations.

I am having SO much fun with this organ, I can HIGHLY recommend it to anyone looking for a reasonable, flexible instrument.

~Scott
"Life is just a dream, it is in death that we truly awaken!"

takatsa

PostFri Jan 27, 2017 2:51 pm

I am happy to inform everyone that finished the 6-channel surround version of Rieger-Esztergom Organ.
RAM requirements (multiple loop and release) 16 bit: 8 GB, 24 bit: 14 GB
The trial version can be downloaded from my website, alternative link.
Audio demos (playing István Nagy): 1. 2.
Best regards,
Augustine

Return to Hauptwerk instruments