It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:08 pm

PM request regarding the Laurenskerk Sample

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

ChangedForever

PM request regarding the Laurenskerk Sample

PostTue Dec 13, 2016 6:43 pm

Hello Hauptwerk friends - hoping you all have a safe Christmas!!

Very interested in the Laurenskerk organ - would like to speak via PM with someone "from America" who has had the DEMO of the Laurenskerk Rotterdam and has upgraded to the full version. Can I speak to someone (s) about this from America -- just a few questions before I make the leap to the full version?

I have the DEMO and like the organ.

Thanks for the read,
Mark

jerrynazard

Re: PM request regarding the Laurenskerk Sample

PostWed Dec 14, 2016 12:05 am

Mark,

I have had the set for several years and use it almost every day. Feel free to message me.

-Jerry

johnstump_organist

PostWed Dec 14, 2016 2:35 pm

I am in the Mexican part of America (I am never sure what America means to someone), but I have the Rotterdam, on a three manual setup, and it is almost the only set I use anymore. I even finally labeled my all my pistons based on making this set work on my three manuals.
John

ChangedForever

PostThu Dec 15, 2016 2:43 am

Thank you very much Jerry.. will try and compose a small PM.

Mark

ChangedForever

PostThu Dec 15, 2016 3:34 am

Thank you very much for the offer John - my Laurenskerk DEMO download sounds VERY wet.... I imagine the cathedral its recorded in must be VERY reverbrant with TALL ceilings? Not complaining, mind you. If I want dry I have those.... I would imagine the Full version and the DEMO version have the same acoustics?

Thanks,
Mark

johnstump_organist

PostThu Dec 15, 2016 8:05 am

Yes it is wet. I do not use the rear samples, only the front samples, that way I can certainly hear the acoustic, especially on the final release, but it doesn't muddy the sound for practice. I also like because the specification is so complete and the sound is very rich and full. Those triple rank principal stops are very nice.
John

Eric Sagmuller

PostThu Dec 15, 2016 12:16 pm

I just have the demo set as of yet but plan to buy the full set soon. It does have alot of reverb, but is a very clear sounding set. I always use surround. It adds depth, but at least to me does not take away from the clarity of the front samples. Also, Jiri does a very good job of denoising the samples so they fade away cleanly to nothing. There are no strange release tail artifacts as I get with my Bovenkerk sample set, also this set sounds more muddy to me and has no surround.

As John also mentions, I just love the principals on this Laurenskerk set, I think however they use two per note.

Eric

mnailor

PostThu Dec 15, 2016 12:42 pm

I have the Rotterdam full surround on a 4 manual console, and you know where I live if you'd like to try it out. I could load an alt config with just the front samples if you want to play that, too. You're welcome to spend a few hours on it.

One caveat: I'm waiting for cables to make the swell pedals work, so manual III won't have expression unless you move the swell pedal picture on the touch screen.

ChangedForever

PostThu Dec 15, 2016 10:59 pm

Just wanted to say thanks to everybody's replies, and thank you Jerry for letting me PM you about this question.

Will have to wait to see if we get a bonus this year - if we do, I'll send it off to Jiri and entertain the tree frogs with my Bovenkerk AND Laurenskerk later this year... (they always seem to pipe up when my walls start shaking and rattling due to the dual B52's).....

Merry Christmas and a safe holiday to you all....
-Mark

Return to Hauptwerk instruments