It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:15 am

Hints on Brasov setup for three Manuals?

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

162_Ranks

Hints on Brasov setup for three Manuals?

PostTue Dec 20, 2016 12:50 pm

I've had the SP Brasov VO for over a year but have never really arrived at a satisfactory setup on my three Manuals. I've tried UW HW RW bottom to top, with OW floating. I've also tried RW HW OW. Suggestions? I love the sound of this instrument but it is a bit awkward to play :-(. Are there some.good tricks with virtual.divisions and couplers that I am missing?

mnailor

Re: Hints on Brasov setup for three Manuals?

PostTue Dec 20, 2016 1:20 pm

Yes, awkward. I just switched to a 4 manual console and it's still awkward using the manuals in the order found on the instrument. I'm trying to get used to using II RW as a main coupling manual, but it's tough. I may end up putting the two enclosed divisions on the top two manuals to make it more familiar.

On the 3 manual console I had combined the enclosed divisions RW and UW as the top manual and used master couplers. One piston operates the couplers from both divisions. That worked pretty smoothly for me. I made the OW the bottom keyboard and HW second just because I expect the 16' chorus on II when not a French symphonic organ. I know there are plenty of exceptions.

adri

Re: Hints on Brasov setup for three Manuals?

PostThu Dec 22, 2016 10:51 am

combine the Rorhwerk and Unterwerk on manual I
Make the Great the 2nd manual
and then the Oberwerk the 3rd manual.

That's what I did when I had 3 manuals only.

Return to Hauptwerk instruments