It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:56 am

Menesterol Organ Extension to 5 octaves/32 notes

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

subbas32

Menesterol Organ Extension to 5 octaves/32 notes

PostFri Jan 20, 2017 9:53 pm

Dear forum members,

For those interested, there is an extension available for the Menesterol sample-set from Sonus Paradisi. This extension is similar in scope to the Utrecht extension.

New features in this extension:
1. The keyboard and pedal ranges are extended to AGO standards (5 octaves for the keyboards and 32 notes for the pedal). A switch is added to enable and disable the range extensions.
2. A swell pedal is added to the Recit (top manual).
3. A switch is added to alternate between the original tremulant and a milder one.
4. The tremulant can also be engaged/disengaged independently for the Grand-Orgue and the Récit.
5. A "Simplified Jamb" has been added that:
    a) has the treble/bass split removed for the Grand-Orgue Trompette 8
    b) has an indicator for the Récit swell pedal
It is still possible to use all of the original page views as before.

Besides the "Original Organ Tuning", all features in the original Menesterol sample-set will work as before. The "Equal Temperament" is selected by default, but of course you can load other temperaments you have as well.

Ordering:
The extension includes the dry, moist, and surround versions of the organ. Before you can use this extension, you must first own the Menesterol sample-set from Sonus Paradisi. Note that it is NOT included with the extension. It can be purchased from Sonus Paradisi here.

The price for this extension is US $25. If you are interested in purchasing this extension, please send me an email at customhworgansATgmailDOTcom.

Thanks, and best regards,

Jake

162_Ranks

Re: Menesterol Organ Extension to 5 octaves/32 notes

PostSun Jan 22, 2017 11:07 am

Hi Jake-

Does this extension support the moist-surround extension supplied by Anton Heger and available at the SP website on the "Updates" tab. This is my very favorite form of this instrument for practice!

Brad

subbas32

Re: Menesterol Organ Extension to 5 octaves/32 notes

PostMon Jan 23, 2017 11:29 am

Hello Brad,

Thanks for your inquiry!

Does this extension support the moist-surround extension supplied by Anton Heger and available at the SP website on the "Updates" tab. This is my very favorite form of this instrument for practice!

Not at this point. The extension only includes the surround, moist and dry variants of the original sample-set.

I will ask Anton Heger if he is ok with it if I include his moist-surround version as well. Having said that, it may take a few weeks before I'm able to work on this since things are quite busy at the moment.

Best,

Jake

Return to Hauptwerk instruments