It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:16 am

Yippee... got me a REAL Rotterdam!! Thanks, Jiri !

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

Eric Sagmuller

Re: Yippee... got me a REAL Rotterdam!! Thanks, Jiri !

PostThu Feb 09, 2017 12:19 pm

Thanks Mark. That's a bit far for me. I'll find something eventually. I've also kicked around adding another manual. My 2 manual is quite nice.

1961TC4ME

PostThu Feb 09, 2017 1:00 pm

Eric Sagmuller wrote: I've been watching for a 3 manual for awhile. I can't drive very far so that limits me.
Eric

Eric,

I started with a 2 manual Allen and added a third to it, was a fairly easy and straightforward project.

3 manuals can be fairly hard to come by, 2 manuals seem to be a dime a dozen and every one that comes up for grabs is usually a 2. Have you considered possibly doing the same and adding a third to your current set-up?

Marc

Eric Sagmuller

PostThu Feb 09, 2017 5:12 pm

Hi Marc,

Yes it's crossed my mind at different times. It's a Klann pipe organ console. The manuals I was told by my Allen dealer whom I got it from, are Allen keyboards. I really like them. If I could find another one like the existing, I would probably add it. It was the console from his church that was replaced by an Allen. I'm guessing he put the keyboards in it being a dealer. I may ask him and see if he can come up with another one like it.

Only thing about the console I'm not as thrilled about is that it is Colonial white. Not bad looking but I prefer all wood finish. The pedalboard is the best I've had out of several. It works very smoothly and has springs in the front and back.

Eric

ChangedForever

Rotterdam Hoofdorgel Update

PostMon Feb 13, 2017 6:46 am

Still no disks from Sonus Paradisi....

Got up at 1 AM and downloaded the 10 sample disks from Jiri's website until 7 AM, since Hughesnet gives me a 50 GB allowance per month between these times; downloaded @ speeds of between 2 MB to 5 MB per second; capturing a total download of about 40 whopping GB!!

Too exhausted now to install them - my brain is mush... but probably tomorrow I'll install them, if I can - all the MD5 checksums were good. Thanks Jiri, but please still send the disks I paid for :-).

I know everybody is "anxiously awaiting" the results of the installation - will keep you up-to-date with the adventure....

Just thought you'd like to know

Cheers,
Bloodshot eyes

mdyde

PostMon Feb 13, 2017 7:06 am

[Hello Mark, I've merged your new topic into the existing one, to keep the details in one place.]
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Eric Sagmuller

PostMon Feb 13, 2017 8:16 pm

Wow that's alot of data. I really need to get mine ordered. I plan to get the disks too though as my download speed is nothing to brag about. I supposedly have 4 MB/sec, but it never gets close to that in real life downloads.

Eric

ChangedForever

Here's my promised update: download complete

PostMon Feb 13, 2017 9:38 pm

Got all the Rotterdan Hoofdorgel data imported to Hauptwerk this morning... really didn't take ""too"" long.

VERY nice organ!! I love this organ; played it all morning long.

Getting some SLEEP tonite!!...
Mark

Eric Sagmuller

PostTue Feb 14, 2017 6:40 am

This is great Mark! Thanks for letting us know your impressions.

Eric

ChangedForever

PostTue Feb 14, 2017 5:04 pm

Hi all....

Disks came in this morning. Too bad there wasn't a way to track the shipping :idea: as with Fedex & UPS so I could have known the package was "right around the corner". Oh well, I had a strong desire to stay up from 1 AM till 7 AM using up my download allowance, so I'm happy.... :?

Just a side note - I do love Jiri's disk packaging and labeling format!

Back to the organ,
Mark

ChangedForever

The REAL "Main Organ" DVD Package

PostMon Feb 20, 2017 9:44 am

Alright guys - you'll be happy to learn the disks finally came in; here's a pic of the DVD package straight out of Czechoslovakia in case anybody might be interested. Already got the software downloaded earlier waiting for the disks, so the package hasn't been opened - I'm assuming there are probably 10 DVD disks inside.... pic below...this time with a "better" background :D. ....and yes, it sounds GORGEOUS!!

Thanks for the read,
Mark
Previous

Return to Hauptwerk instruments