It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:36 am

Salisbury - Box Shutters

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

ludu

Salisbury - Box Shutters

PostSun May 21, 2017 6:25 am

Hello All,

Assigning an expression pedal in Salisbury’s sample set, we have the following choose:
—Solo Pedal or Solo Box Shutters
—Swell Pedal or Swell Box Shutters
What’s the difference between the two effects?
Luc

mdyde

Re: Salisbury - Box Shutters

PostMon May 22, 2017 4:43 am

Hello Luc,

You would want to auto-detect your MIDI expression pedal(s) to the 'Solo Pedal' and/or 'Swell Pedal' entries (the corresponding 'shutters' controls are linked from their 'pedal' controls via inertia linkages, and are, I believe, only made available for MIDI output, and not intended for MIDI input).
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

ludu

PostMon May 22, 2017 4:46 am

Thanks Martin.
Luc

engrssc

PostMon May 22, 2017 7:38 am

mdyde wrote:(the corresponding 'shutters' controls are linked from their 'pedal' controls via inertia linkages, and are, I believe, only made available for MIDI output, and not intended for MIDI input).

Do I read that correctly as meaning the "shutter" provision is for controlling real shutters? I know of some that do have real shutters. I wanted to explore is sample sets that do not specifically have such a provision could be made to control (via Hauptwerk) real shutters, or does that shutter control have to be provided by another means.

Rgds,
Ed

mdyde

PostMon May 22, 2017 7:51 am

Hello Ed,

Any such entries would only be available (via the 'Organ settings | Organ expression pedals ...' screen) if the sample set creator had actually included them in the organ definition (usually because the sample set has a corresponding modelled swell box). In that case, you could potentially also use them to send MIDI output to control real mechanical swell box shutters (presumably also turning the effect of the virtual swell box down fully via the voicing screen). However, you couldn't add virtual swell box box controls to a sample set that doesn't already have them (unless you made your own custom organ definition via the Custom Organ Design Module).
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Hauptwerk instruments