It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:50 am

NeilJensen sample set license

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

Thomday

NeilJensen sample set license

PostMon Jul 03, 2017 3:57 pm

Where can I find the license request for the 3-35 sample set series.I need to load all four sets onto a new computer.
Thanks,
Thom

Andrew Grahame

Re: NeilJensen sample set license

PostMon Jul 03, 2017 6:01 pm

It's my understanding that licences reside within the dongle, not the computer. As long as you still have the installation media you should be able to install your sample sets on a different computer, then connect your dongle to that computer and it should all work.

Andrew

NickNelson

PostTue Jul 04, 2017 12:30 am

Yes, that's been my experience.

Nick

mdyde

PostTue Jul 04, 2017 3:35 am

Hello Thom,

Yes -- to confirm others' replies, all licences are contained within the Hauptwerk USB key. They aren't computer-specific, or platform-specific, so no action is need in order to use the key/licence on another computer (other than to make sure that Hauptwerk, and the sample sets, and the USB key driver, are installed on it).
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Thomday

PostFri Jul 07, 2017 2:54 pm

Thanks for the replies. I want to install the sample sets on a new commercial version of Hauptwerk, on a new computer, so would the dongle from our current version work on a newer version? Doing this would temporarily disable our current working setup.
Thanks
Thom

OrganoPleno

PostFri Jul 07, 2017 4:34 pm

Thomday wrote:I want to install the sample sets on a new commercial version of Hauptwerk, on a new computer, so would the dongle from our current version work on a newer version?

Same dongle, no problem. Just be sure to install the latest Drivers for the Dongle onto the new Computer... available from the Hauptwerk.com website under "Downloads".

engrssc

PostFri Jul 07, 2017 4:51 pm

If you will be using the dongle with 2 separate organs, something like this might be useful. The USB port (bracketed) can be mounted under the key desk (of each organ) and plugged into the computer's USB connector. The dongle can easily be connected and transferred.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-5mm-Car-Dashboard-Flush-Mount-USB-2-0-AUX-Socket-Extension-Lead-Panel-Cable/361487959606?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D555018%26algo%3DPL.SIM%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D44840%26meid%3D54dfff7ff9ce48c199faa6e7eaa98038%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D182088914871

This unit also has a 1/8" TRS 3 circuit socket for connecting aux audio such as a headset.

Rgds,
Ed

Thomday

PostMon Jul 10, 2017 11:42 am

Thanks All:
Ok, I guess I wasn't clear. New computer, commercial version of Hauptwerk,and new dongle for commercial version. Sample sets in current use on a different computer system that will remain in use for our home installation, thus no need to change dongles between systems. Thus, I can use the dongle for our current home system to install sample sets on new computer and then apply for a license update on commercial version with its dongle installed? After that, I can then do a back up from our home system to the commercial version for all settings and voicing done on our home system?
Thanks
Thom

OrganoPleno

PostMon Jul 10, 2017 8:17 pm

Thomday wrote: New computer, commercial version of Hauptwerk,and new dongle for commercial version. Sample sets in current use on a different computer system that will remain in use for our home installation, thus no need to change dongles between systems.

With one license, on one dongle, you could use this on one or more computers as you see fit. But to use a Sample Set on two computers independently you'd have to have two paid licenses, one on each dongle.

Thomday wrote:Thus, I can use the dongle for our current home system to install sample sets on new computer and then apply for a license update on commercial version with its dongle installed?

That would work. Install on new computer with old dongle, as a licensed installation. Then (be sure to EXIT HAUPTWERK before removing or inserting any dongle!) switch to the new dongle, and the installed Sample Set will appear unlicensed. Then use that computer to apply for a paid license update through the new dongle.

Thomday wrote:After that, I can then do a back up from our home system to the commercial version for all settings and voicing done on our home system?

Do both systems use the same operating system? This kind of thing can get tricky so I'll leave it for others to comment. For myself, I do all of my backups by hand simply by copying all of the relevant files to and from all of the relevant places. Assuming you know what those all are.

OrganoPleno

PostMon Jul 10, 2017 8:24 pm

OrganoPleno wrote:That would work. Install on new computer with old dongle, as a licensed installation. Then (be sure to EXIT HAUPTWERK before removing or inserting any dongle!) switch to the new dongle, and the installed Sample Set will appear unlicensed. Then use that computer to apply for a paid license update through the new dongle.

Of course you can also install any Sample Set on the New Computer as an unlicensed installation without ANY use of the old dongle. Either no dongle at all, or just the new dongle which licenses the commercial Hauptwerk. Then apply the license update as normal.

In other words, the fact that you already have that Sample Set licensed on a different installation is really quite irrelevant. The only difference is if you want to actually see the sample run (for some reason) on the new system before getting the new license.

mdyde

PostTue Jul 11, 2017 4:09 am

Hello Thom,

To add to others' replies:

Thomday wrote:Ok, I guess I wasn't clear. New computer, commercial version of Hauptwerk,and new dongle for commercial version. Sample sets in current use on a different computer system that will remain in use for our home installation, thus no need to change dongles between systems. Thus, I can use the dongle for our current home system to install sample sets on new computer and then apply for a license update on commercial version with its dongle installed?

Yes:

- You can perform licence updates from any computer, provided that the Hauptwerk USB key to which you wish to apply the licence update is attached to the computer at that time (and that no other Hauptwerk USB key is also attached to the computer, to ensure that the intended one gets updated).

- You can also install any given sample set using any given Hauptwerk USB key, provided that the USB key contains a licence for the sample set you're installing (otherwise Hauptwerk won't be able to install its organ definition).

Thomday wrote:After that, I can then do a back up from our home system to the commercial version for all settings and voicing done on our home system?

You can certainly restore a backup from one computer on another and it will transfer all of your voicing, combinations, and settings. However, if the relevant MIDI port/device names differ at all between the two computers then you would need to auto-detect your MIDI settings again (since each control's MIDI settings are auto-detected relative to the MIDI port name). Likewise if the audio device name differs then you might need to select the 'new' device for each audio output (although that should only take a few moments).
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Hauptwerk instruments