It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:56 am

Krzeszow

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

atugores

Krzeszow

PostTue Jul 04, 2017 5:09 am

Yesterday a bought Krzeszow and I miss some detailed explanations about the organ, does anybody know if there is a booklet or any kind of information about the placement of the register of each manual, the ventils and how they work etc, or where I can address to find a piece of information about the general working of this organ?, thank you .

IainStinson

Re: Krzeszow

PostTue Jul 04, 2017 10:37 am

You may find it helpful to look at http://hauptwerk-organ.com/krzeszow/. chr.schmitz has done a very good job in adding additional screen layouts for this sample set which make it much clearer which registers belong to which division. It really improves the usability of wonderful sample set.

Iain

famkramer

PostWed Jul 05, 2017 3:44 am

Al Morse made a simple screen: http://almorse.net/content_enhancements.html

josq

PostFri Jul 07, 2017 4:49 pm

The organ has 5 divisions:
* "Brust": 3th manual
* "Manual": 2th manual
* "Ruck Positiv": 1th manual
* "Pedal": Pedal flues
* "Rohrwerk": Pedal reeds

The "Sperventil" stops can be used to mute each of these divisions. Per division there are two ventils: the one on the right mutes the C,D,E, Fis, Gis, Ais (etc) and the one on the left mutes the Cis, Dis, F, G, A, B (etc). By default, the ventils should be "on". When playing this organ in Hauptwerk, I don't see any use for the ventils. If you don't hear any sound for some or all of the keys, check if you didn't accidentally disengage one of the Sperventil stops.

One peculiarity of this organ is that part of it (the Ruck Positiv and 4 stops of the Pedal) can be played at a different pitch: "Camer Ton", which is an entire tone lower than the "standard" pitch of the organ. It is my understanding that the "Camer Ton" was to be used in combination with other instruments. To enable "Camer Ton" on the Ruck Positif, enable the "Copula 1e Camer Ton" stop AND the "Copula 2de Camer Ton" stop. Use the 4 pedal stops with the "Camer Ton" subscripts for pedal accompaniment. Disable all other stops. To use the organ at standard pitch, disable the Camer Ton pedal stops and BOTH Camer Ton couplers.

The "Copula 3 Clavier" couples the 3th manual to the 2nd, and the "Copula 2 Clavier" the 2nd to the 1st. To couple the 3th to the 1st, engage both couplers.

There is no pedal coupler native to the organ, but of course you can use the Hauptwerk Master Couplers. However, the organ has a very rich supply of pedal stops.

The Vox humana on the 3th manual is a celeste stop to the Principal, not a reed (the Trompet and Hautbois are the only reeds on the manuals). On the 2nd manual, the Unda maris is a celeste stop which can be used in combination with some of the other 8' stops.

The Mixtura's on the 3th and 2nd manual are tierce mixtures, with a sesquialtera-like sound. On the 2nd manual, the Cimbel can be used as an alternative.

The Salicet, Traveur, Gemshorn, and Flaut allemande are all stops with a strings(-like) intonation, I would use them as solo stops or in small ensembles only.

The Calcanten Glockel is meant to wake up the person (calcant) treading the bellows of the organ, in Hauptwerk it has no function except a nice bell sound.

Return to Hauptwerk instruments