It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:26 am

Surround 7.1

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

Atn52

Surround 7.1

PostThu Aug 10, 2017 7:50 am

Anyone can provide information which samples were created with this recording technique. Recently, CD recording with 2 + 2 + 2 technology. This could also be simulated with the main plant and 6 channel radiation.

mdyde

Re: Surround 7.1

PostThu Aug 10, 2017 8:00 am

Hello Atn52,

[Topic moved here.]

Hauptwerk itself doesn't currently support 7.1 or 5.1 formats -- it only supports stereo pairs, although multiple stereo pairs can be used. 'Surround' sample sets have virtual 'ranks' designed to be routed to different sets of stereo pairs ('front', 'rear', etc.).
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Atn52

PostThu Aug 10, 2017 8:17 am

Yes, this is correct, addition: I have set up a stereo channel of the three stereo channel: Main channel 1 + 2 front, rear channel 3 + 4 rear, front, front link and right over main box. This is the display of the 2 + 2 + 2 SACD. This creates a 3D surround sound with a high transparency. My question is: What manufacturer has carried out with this microphoneinstellung?

1961TC4ME

PostThu Aug 10, 2017 11:34 am

7.1 is a digital Dolby 'surround' format used in home AV for movies and music where the various parts of the audio are embedded into the media being played and then sent out to the intended speakers. There are no sample set producers recording in this format. The word 'surround' can get a little confusing when it comes to the 'surround' sets made for Hauptwerk as it is an entirely different deal involving mic positioning / recording at various distances from the instrument, but when the signals are used together and the audio for each is routed through multiple speaker pairs the results are outstanding.

Marc

IainStinson

PostThu Aug 10, 2017 12:16 pm

Some sample set producers provide their sample sets in multi audio channel forms.

Two examples: Sonus Paradisi and Lavender Audio both provide sample sets with 6 audio channels (3 stereo channels). See http://www.sonusparadisi.cz/en/organs/top-selection/rosales-opus-11-portland-oregon.html and http://www.lavenderaudio.co.uk/organs/armley/armley-complete.html for examples of their products.

(In essence, with these sample sets, each note played cause Hauptwerk to replay samples from 6 WAV files simultaneously; these outputs can be routed to six independent mono audio groups (or to three independent stereo audio groups. They can be routed in other ways too. or they can be combined.....)

Iain

1961TC4ME

PostThu Aug 10, 2017 3:18 pm

IainStinson wrote:Some sample set producers provide their sample sets in multi audio channel forms.

Two examples: Sonus Paradisi and Lavender Audio both provide sample sets with 6 audio channels (3 stereo channels). See http://www.sonusparadisi.cz/en/organs/top-selection/rosales-opus-11-portland-oregon.html and http://www.lavenderaudio.co.uk/organs/armley/armley-complete.html for examples of their products.

(In essence, with these sample sets, each note played cause Hauptwerk to replay samples from 6 WAV files simultaneously; these outputs can be routed to six independent mono audio groups (or to three independent stereo audio groups. They can be routed in other ways too. or they can be combined.....)

Iain

Yes, and exactly why some sets are now demanding unobtainium amounts of memory! :mrgreen:

It's all a good thing though!

Marc

Atn52

PostFri Aug 11, 2017 2:08 am

Thank you for the feedback.
That is:
The current recording is also available with 6 duct holders, there is no single mount according to the HYBRID SACD technology. There is already a number of organ Dvds, with very high transparency, which can be played in 7.1. Only if "top" and "bottom" are added, the room is available and the real room is mapped. You could also name the "HW- 3D 6.0". Would look forward to responding to the reaction of the supplier. (All option is already available in HW)
Best greeting
Anton

Atn52

PostThu Aug 31, 2017 6:31 am

For some time now, I have been experimenting with a good playback of a good success. Now I have found a solution which is so outstanding that I would like to publish here:

I use the organ - samples of a manufacturer with 3 storage locations (3x2 stereo = direct, diffuse, rear).
I will give this to the main channel without a premixing. Via a 6 channel sound card on my 6 speakers.

Here is the most important thing:

The front loudspeaker and rear loudspeaker provide the usual front mount (directly) - rear (diffuse).

The third pair of speakers is located over the front loudspeaker and is given the space (rear).

The front end - DIFFUCE - REAR, creates a sound, which is no longer coming from the speakers, but is spatially, in other words: Front - rear and top - bottom.
Thus, each tone is clear, transparent and differentiated with reverberation in the room.
It surpasses all expectations.

mdyde

PostThu Aug 31, 2017 6:54 am

Hello Atn52,

Just in case you didn't see it, I had moved your other topic here: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16356 (which you've just duplicated in your new reply in this topic). If you have the forum option to notify you upon replies turned on then you'll be be notified whenever anybody replies, including if we move a topic (to try to keep things organised so that people can find them easily).
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Hauptwerk instruments