It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:11 am

OPEN LETTER TO SAMPLE SET PRODUCERS

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

adri

Re: OPEN LETTER TO SAMPLE SET PRODUCERS

PostSat Jan 06, 2018 12:35 pm

Let me simply day this:

When I know an organ quite well from live playing or listening as well as from cds, i want that organ, when sampled, to be immediately be recognizable as a faithful as possible approximation of the real organ. When that unique characteristic sound has been altered beyond recognition, then - in my opinion- the set is not a good one.

Every organ is unique and this character has to be as faithfully as possible reproduced in a sample set.
It is in this respect that I have been joyfully delighted as well as horribly disappointed. That’s my straightforward view.

They are sample sampled sets, not just ok sounding digital files I can play back via midi. Otherwise , why even bother to travel to a particular organ to sample it?

If I were the Owner of an organ I would want the sampled set to sound like my organ in the building in it’s optimal listening location. Always never at the console.

Whatever else is offered in the sample set is extra icing on the cake.

TheOrganDoc

Re: OPEN LETTER TO SAMPLE SET PRODUCERS

PostSat Jan 06, 2018 4:03 pm

I have extensive experience with Classical, and Theater pipe organs, and I specifically remember listening to the Slowed Attack, when many simultaneous ranks of pipes are played as the Reservoir's attempt to maintain the same pressure, Even the Fastest Reservoir's cannot keep up with the demand for constant pressure when hundreds or thousands of pipes are played simultaneously ! We do not have this problem with Hauptwerk thankfully, BUT We all aware of the audible mush, when many ranks are drawn and played in Chords ! ? ? ? RSVP, :roll: Mel
Mel..............TheOrganDoc...............
Previous

Return to Hauptwerk instruments