It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:35 am

Aquincum Organ from Cathedral of Savaria (54/3+P) - new

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

takatsa

Aquincum Organ from Cathedral of Savaria (54/3+P) - new

PostSun Oct 01, 2017 3:57 am

I am happy to inform everyone that completed my new sample set. This is an Organ from Cathedral of Szombathely (Hungary). The organ was built in 1999 by Aquincum Organ Factory.

The organ has three manuals and 54 stops.

The sample sets are available in wave format 48kHz/24bit, stereo, multiple loops (1-14) and multiple releases (2 levels). Equal, a=440 Hz. The reverb 4 s, reflects the original acoustics of the church. Hauptwerk v4.0 and higher supported for the Organ Definition Files.

The sample sets made in several forms.
1. The version of stereo mix (mixing of near and far and rear recording).
2, Semidry version (stereo recording 2.5 meters in front of the organ)
3. Wet version (stereo recording space of the church)
4. Surround version (3 pairs of stereo recording up close (near) and at a distance (far) and in the background (rear).

Screenshots: 1 2 3 4

Audio demos:
stereo/mix version: Benaut -Magnificat en sol mineur , Vierne - Carillon de Westminster,
Liszt - Ad nos ad salutarem undam

surround version; Buxtehude - Praeludium in fis. BuxWV 146 , Mouret - Le Rondeau de Premiere Suite
Mendelssohn - Organ Sonata VI. - FINALE

More information.
(There are more audio demos and can be downloaded the demo of sample set).

Acknowledgements:
The following friends helped me to make and publish the sample set (in alphabetical order): Dominique Dantand, Gérard Lefranc, Nagy István, Enrico Sandrini and Adrian Wheal. If something's done well, it's thanks to them. Thank you for their work
Best regards, Augustine
Last edited by takatsa on Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

elgoosey

Re: Aquincum Organ from Cathedral of Savaria (54/3+P) - new

PostSun Oct 01, 2017 9:41 am

I was waiting to see the features/spec of this before deciding on which new organ sampleset to buy. Think surround version of this is definitely the winner!

John

DaveMax

PostSun Oct 01, 2017 10:06 am

This organ sounds wonderful! Are portrait screens available, or just landscape?

adrianw

PostSun Oct 01, 2017 10:07 am

I was waiting to see the features/spec of this before deciding on which new organ sampleset to buy.

I am sure you won't regret buying it.

I had the privilege of beta-testing this set. The organ has a big sound in an almost ideally reverberant acoustic (a little over 4 seconds by my count). It is undeniably a modern 1999 organ in design and specification but is built with classic Steinmeyer 1915 pipework, giving it a passable shot at the elusive "universal organ" ideal.

Do go for the surround - the price premium is small and being 6 channel with full mixer it offers a lot of extra flexibility even if you use headphones or stereo speakers.

Astonishingly, by my count this is Augustine's 29th original HW organ sample set! (Ignoring his fine composites from other producers). Unsurprisingly, despite his modest protestations, he is now getting pretty good at it. I do believe this is Augustine's best yet and definitely comparable with other fine HW sample set producers. And at a much more reasonable price than most.

- Adrian.

scottherbert

PostSun Oct 01, 2017 10:45 am

I too am VERY excited by the release of this organ!!! I have listened to the demos on Contrebombarde and was struck by the incredible clarity, even with the ample acoustic, with fast passages! Clear and precise. on the Vierne demo, each note stood out. As mentioned, the sound is fantastic. Full, rich and well sampled. I agree with adrianw that this is probably Augustines best set yet!

I don't know for sure, but I suspect Augustine may have invested in some new recording equipment. His sample sets have always been top quality, but his latest sets are just "WOW"! :D

~S
"Life is just a dream, it is in death that we truly awaken!"

b.natural

PostSun Oct 01, 2017 10:46 am

I'd like to thank Augustin for his wonderful organ samples. I'm finding the prices on the 'premium' sample sets too expensive now.

scottherbert

PostSun Oct 01, 2017 10:55 am

I had forgotten to mention the incredibly realistic swell effects! As b.natural mentioned, Augustine makes sample sets of quality that are affordable! Thank you Augustine!

~S
"Life is just a dream, it is in death that we truly awaken!"

adrianw

PostSun Oct 01, 2017 11:00 am

I don't know for sure, but I suspect Augustine may have invested in some new recording equipment. His sample sets have always been top quality, but his latest sets are just "WOW"! :D

I think you are right: Augustine told me last year that he had re-invested the proceeds from previous sets in new microphones.

This organ sounds wonderful! Are portrait screens available, or just landscape?

Just landscape at the moment.

- Adrian.

takatsa

PostSun Oct 01, 2017 11:04 am

I think Adrian has answered all the questions so far, thank you. :D

elgoosey

PostSun Oct 01, 2017 11:24 am

Well I have purchased it earlier today, just waiting to be able to download it :D :D

Tweedle_Dee

PostSun Oct 01, 2017 4:02 pm

After Ujpest and Luins, both of which I love, I'm excited to try this new sample set. Waiting for Mega to let me proceed with the download :(

1961TC4ME

PostMon Oct 02, 2017 1:46 pm

Tweedle_Dee wrote: I'm excited to try this new sample set. Waiting for Mega to let me proceed with the download :(

Same here, very interested in this set, been listening to the demos and it has definitely caught my ear.

Mega stopped me half way through part #3 after downloading parts #1 and #2, and says I have exceeded my download limitation and I now have to wait 5+ hours to proceed with part #3 to the same IP, that or pay to upgrade to the pro version of Mega. I'll wait, or just finish up with my computer (and different IP) at home tonight. :wink:

Marc

murph

PostMon Oct 02, 2017 2:32 pm

If you wait the few hours and go back to the download, Mega will allow you to resume from where it stopped you. (speeds things up slightly....)

takatsa

PostMon Oct 02, 2017 3:05 pm

I apologize for the inconvenience, my ft server did not work for 24 hours. It is now working steadily.
So, who buy the sample set, they can download from ftp.
The demo can still be downloaded from just mega.
Augustine

josq

PostMon Oct 02, 2017 3:18 pm

VERY curious! The demo pieces sound good. Now downloading the demo sample set, which seems to be generous enough to give a full impression of how the organ will sound.

I have quite a few sample sets from the most highly regarded producers. If Augustine has managed to approach or even equal the quality of these renowned sample sets for such a small price, that would be quite a feat! I'll give my honest (and constructive) opinion as soon as possible...
Next

Return to Hauptwerk instruments