It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:54 am

Baumgartner Organ from Gelence (7/1) new free sample set

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

takatsa

Baumgartner Organ from Gelence (7/1) new free sample set

PostWed Dec 06, 2017 2:52 pm

I am happy to inform everyone that completed my new sample set. This is a Baumgartner Organ from Gelence (Transylvania).
The organ was built by Johannes Baumgartner around 1750. Baumgartner was a German organ builder, he built several small organ with richly decorated ornaments, of which only very few remained. The organs of Baumgartner were "sounding jewelery boxes" with an unique sound. The organ was almost completely destroyed. It was restored in 2011 by David Homolya's management and financial support.

The organ has one manual and 7 stops.

The sample sets made ​​in two versions. The original version is 4-channel surround format. The tuning is equal, a=468 Hz but the installation package includes the original temperament file, which is similar as Werckmeister II. The sample is very dry due to the small temple space. The extended version is 6-channels surround format because I made two extra channels with a small artificial reverb. Its tuning is equal, a=440 Hz. The extended version includes two split keyboards (bass and discant) and a pedal.

Hauptwerk v4.0 and higher supported for the Organ Definition Files.

The organ is free!!

Screenshots: originale consol, extended consol, extended keyboard.

Audio demos:
Pachelbel - Ach was soll ich Sünder machen
Bach - The Well Tempered Clavier WK I Prelude in B Minor
J. Cristoph Bach - 11 Chorales zum Praeambulieren

More information.
(There are more audio demos and can be free downloaded the sample set).

Acknowledgements:
The recording was made with my friend Megyaszai László in spring 2017. The following friends helped me to make and publish the sample set (in alphabetical order): Dominique Dantand, Gérard Lefranc, Nagy István, Jos Quist and Adrian Wheal. If something's done well, it's thanks to them. Thank you for their work.
Best regards, Augustine
Last edited by takatsa on Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

joeroberts

Re: Baumgartner Organ from Gelence (7/1) new free sample set

PostFri Dec 08, 2017 12:41 pm

A delightful machine with distinctive voicing .....Very enjoyable and easy to play...
Thank you....
jrz

takatsa

PostFri Dec 08, 2017 3:23 pm

joeroberts wrote:A delightful machine with distinctive voicing .....Very enjoyable and easy to play...
Thank you....jrz

Dear Joe, Thank you for your appreciation. I wish you a lot of pleasure for the sample. :)
Augustine

scottherbert

PostSun Dec 17, 2017 5:04 pm

How many sample set producers give away free Christmas gifts? Thank you Augustine!!! Your generosity to the Hauptwerk community is very much appreciated! :D

I would like to take time to wish YOU a Merry Christmas as well, with heart felt thanks, for all your efforts! May the New Year bring joy and prosperity to you and your family my friend!

Scott
"Life is just a dream, it is in death that we truly awaken!"

takatsa

PostMon Dec 18, 2017 3:25 pm

Dear Scott,
Thank you very much for the good wishes and the like. I wish for myself to have 1-2 organs for which I can make the samples. For me, this is my hobby, and I'm very happy to be able to enjoy it with others.
Augustine

Return to Hauptwerk instruments