It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:25 am

Pipeloops Steinmeyer sample set update

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

ReinerS

Pipeloops Steinmeyer sample set update

PostFri Dec 22, 2017 2:55 pm

Dear all,

just before Christmas I managed to produce a significant update of the Steinmeyer St. Magnus sample set. A recent improvement in my custom denoising algorithm made it possible to reprocess the entire sample set resulting in much crisper attacks and improved staccato releases. The new version is available for download on my server immediately (http://www.pipeloops.com//product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=50, click on "Testversion" for the download links).

To install over an existing installation simply install the disk1 - disk3 packages, the organ definition file is unchanged. If you have a licenced version, do not uninstall it first, as that will also remove the organ definition file from your system!

All sound demos on my webpage are updated and I invite you to listen and hopefully enjoy!

And I would also like to take this opportunity to remind you of the Pipeloops Winter Sale, all sample sets are 20% off until jan. 6th.

Best regards
Reiner

organplayer

Re: Pipeloops Steinmeyer sample set update

PostSat Dec 23, 2017 3:16 am

Hello Reiner.
Somethings goes wrong! I downloaded successfully the 3 files and the ODF. Then I installed file1, file2, file3 and the ODF. Everything worked fine. But I can not load the organ for the first time. I tells me, that file1 has not been installed. I reinstalled file 1 but nothing has been changed. Always the same message, that file 1 has not been installed.
What's going wrong?
Best regards
organplayer

ReinerS

PostSat Dec 23, 2017 5:18 am

organplayer wrote:Hello Reiner.
Somethings goes wrong! I downloaded successfully the 3 files and the ODF. Then I installed file1, file2, file3 and the ODF. Everything worked fine. But I can not load the organ for the first time. I tells me, that file1 has not been installed. I reinstalled file 1 but nothing has been changed. Always the same message, that file 1 has not been installed.
What's going wrong?
Best regards
organplayer

Dear organplayer,

please check in Hauptwerk what exactly has been installed. To do this, select the option "Un-Install organ..." from the "File" menu in Hauptwerk, wait for it to scan your sample sets and thenin the pop-up window look for the following entries in the left pane:
Data001244
Data001245
Data001246
Data001247
and
Organ: Pipeloops Steinmeyer St. Magnus [ - Trial]
The trial ODF and data001244 is the content of the disk1 file, data001245 is on disk2, and data001246 and 001247 are both on disk3 (Hauptwerk will offer both packages for installing when loading this file).

If any of these are missing, we know where to look.
FYI, the file sizes on the server are 3.873.585.592 bytes for disk1, 3.613.725.003 bytes disk2, and 2.943.617.282 bytes disk3.
Also, you cannot install the full ODF file without a valid licence for this set on your dongle, but this does not need to be installed at all for the trial (the trial ODF is part of disk1 and will be installed when installing disk1), and if you have the licenced (old) version, this file has not been changed, so it does not need to be reinstalled either.

Can you please check the file sizes on your PC, the installed packages within Hauptwerk, and perhaps post (or send to me via mail to pipeloops at pipeloops dot com) a screenshot of the Hauptwerk error message?

Best regards
Reiner

chr.schmitz

PostSat Dec 23, 2017 6:15 am

Rainer,

the problematic packages are on disk 3 (1246 and 1247). You have configured them as upgrade packages. That is the reason, why a clean Hauptwerk installation fails.

Currently, these 2 packages have to be manually copied into the corresponding Hauptwerk folder.

Chris

organplayer

PostSat Dec 23, 2017 6:39 am

ok, that's what I found:

- File size of the 3 disks is ok (for disk 3 too !)

- Data 1246 and 1247 are missing. That is exactly what the error-message tells me when I try to load the organ.

- I tried to install disk 3 again. Extracting works fine and after that the window shows me both packages as you described. B u t there is no option to install them! The pull down contains only "No action" (yes, I tried to select one of these packages what is not possible). If you click just ok, the window is closed but the packages are not installed.

regards
organplayer

ReinerS

PostSat Dec 23, 2017 7:35 am

- I tried to install disk 3 again. Extracting works fine and after that the window shows me both packages as you described. B u t there is no option to install them! The pull down contains only "No action" (yes, I tried to select one of these packages what is not possible).

I looked at the details on the package definition file and found the error:
I forgot to modify the package definition file to not require a previous installation. There was a patch on these two packages that requried at least version 1.0 to be present, and the package definition file still had that requirement in it.
Sorry for that, my fault!
I am updating the file now and will upload the new version to the server, in approximately 30-60 minutes please try downloading and installing the updated file.

Best regards
Reiner

ReinerS

PostSat Dec 23, 2017 7:50 am

I am updating the file now and will upload the new version to the server, in approximately 30-60 minutes please try downloading and installing the updated file.

update: The corrected file (disk3) is now on the server. Please try again with the new file, it should work now!

Sorry again for the bug!
Reiner

organplayer

PostSat Dec 23, 2017 8:34 am

Yes, now it works. Thank you and merry christmas :D :D :D

Atn52

PostSun Dec 24, 2017 4:50 am

Hello Reiner,
it is very good, thanks
Anton