It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:01 am

Friesach - new free sample set

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

puciak

Friesach - new free sample set

PostWed Jan 03, 2018 11:33 am

Hello,
As probably some of you know from Facebook, I've released you sample set few days ago.
It is 3 manual organ, 3+P from Friesach in Austria built in modern style. More details on my website:
http://www.piotrgrabowski.pl/

Happy New Year!
Piotr Grabowski - Virtual Pipe Organ Sample Sets
https://piotrgrabowski.pl

lefranc22

Re: Friesach - new free sample set

PostWed Jan 03, 2018 2:42 pm

A splendid organ and a perfect sample-set: a must! Very good for french styled music.
It can be opened 24-bit on a 16 GB computer and free. What else?
Thank you Piotr.

engrssc

PostWed Jan 03, 2018 8:07 pm

Looks interesting. Nice acoustic Does it include combination action?

Rgds,
Ed

puciak

PostThu Jan 04, 2018 1:53 am

engrssc wrote:Looks interesting. Nice acoustic Does it include combination action?

Rgds,
Ed

No. No need for that, if Hauptwerk containst its own, more complex.

einer_von_weitem

PostThu Jan 04, 2018 5:09 am

I am extremely impressed both by this organ and by this sample set. They are magnificent.
My Hauptwerk recordings on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJu6YY ... XMA/videos

organassist

PostThu Jan 04, 2018 7:08 am

For anyone using OrganAssist who wants to play back existing recordings/MIDI files on this instrument, I have created a matching organ layout. This can be found at the bottom of the Download page at organassist.com

Over the next few weeks I intend to make available layouts for other earlier sample sets from Piotr.

David

Stbees

PostThu Jan 04, 2018 1:32 pm

This is a superb sample set of an exquisite organ. Its silvery principal choruses put me very much in mind of the work of Metzler. Thank you so much for making this organ available to Hauptwerk users. What a great addition to the Hauptwerk family of beautiful organs.

The only glitch I have found so far is in the 16' Contrabass. The low "D" (at least for me) only sounds momentarily on the release of the pedal. Does anyone else have this situation?

evertjan

PostThu Jan 04, 2018 3:08 pm

Is already solved by an update: version 1.03
See http://piotrgrabowski.pl/friesach.html

va3ets

PostThu Jan 04, 2018 8:51 pm

I agree, this is an excellent sample set again, Piotr. Nice job! Installed it just today, and have a quick play with it. It seems to be really good with repertoire like Bach, Buxtehude, and other composers of that period, as well as French stuff like Boellmann, Dubois, Widor etc. Nice job with it. This sample set is a must have, I'd say for anybody that may not have gotten ahold of it yet.

jkinkennon

PostFri Jan 05, 2018 12:44 am

There is also an issue with the low C on the 16' Subbase, at least for me. I'm just had an initial listen but the samples sound good. The audio levels seem about 10 dB lower than what seems to be conventional, but that's just an adjustment. I did have the 1.03 update installed.

Sounds promising! Will make a donation if I keep it installed - thanks!

puciak

PostFri Jan 05, 2018 10:37 am

jkinkennon wrote:There is also an issue with the low C on the 16' Subbase, at least for me. I'm just had an initial listen but the samples sound good. The audio levels seem about 10 dB lower than what seems to be conventional, but that's just an adjustment. I did have the 1.03 update installed.

Sounds promising! Will make a donation if I keep it installed - thanks!

I don't hear any issue with low C of Subbass.
About sound level, I'm confused what is the standard audio level of Hauptwerk. Recently I discovered that there is that Audio floating panel and that its volume was set to -10dB on my computer, but there is a button to set it to 0 and there is option in Engine main menu to set it to 0dB, so 0dB seems to be default value. I asked few people and some had value -10dB as me, some 0dB, so I adjusted organ volume level to fit 0dB standard.

mdyde

PostFri Jan 05, 2018 11:56 am

puciak wrote:I don't hear any issue with low C of Subbass.
About sound level, I'm confused what is the standard audio level of Hauptwerk. Recently I discovered that there is that Audio floating panel and that its volume was set to -10dB on my computer, but there is a button to set it to 0 and there is option in Engine main menu to set it to 0dB, so 0dB seems to be default value. I asked few people and some had value -10dB as me, some 0dB, so I adjusted organ volume level to fit 0dB standard.

Hello Puciak,

The default for the audio level 'Trim dB' user setting is -10 dB (for safety, so as to try to ensure that clipping shouldn't occur).
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

puciak

PostFri Jan 05, 2018 1:40 pm

mdyde wrote:
puciak wrote:I don't hear any issue with low C of Subbass.

Hello Puciak,

The default for the audio level 'Trim dB' user setting is -10 dB (for safety, so as to try to ensure that clipping shouldn't occur).

So why there is button to set it to 0dB, no to default -10dB... The same with main menu.

mdyde

PostFri Jan 05, 2018 1:50 pm

Hello Puciak,

Either way might arguably be preferable, but the intention was that 0 dB would be the 'normal' level (and the level for which sample sets would be normalised), with -10 dB the default for the user setting, just as an extra-conservative value, in case users had their audio interfaces or speakers turned up a lot, or the wrong consumer-vs.-professional signal level selected in the audio interface's control panel (which used to be a common issue with the then-popular M-Audio Delta series audio interfaces). Anyway, it doesn't really matter much either way, as long as the sample set doesn't clip at 0 dB.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

puciak

PostFri Jan 05, 2018 2:18 pm

But I need to know to which value should I allign. Now I see some people post recordings attenuated by 10dB, some write me mails that it sounds too quiet, so I don't know which way should I go.
Next

Return to Hauptwerk instruments