It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:19 am

New organ teaser :)

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

Lougheed

Re: New organ teaser :)

PostTue Jan 16, 2018 10:27 am

In the words of Veruca Salt of Willy Wonka Chocolate Factory fame, "I Want It Now" :-)

jcfelice88keys

PostTue Jan 16, 2018 11:22 pm

Lougheed wrote:In the words of Veruca Salt of Willy Wonka Chocolate Factory fame, "I Want It Now" :-)

You will love it even more after the final details have been worked out. In the meantime, I have experienced the various refinements made to the instrument, and its playability has improved with each beta iteration in the past few years. You will enjoy it when it finally arrives for public consumption.

Cheers,

Joe

smfrank

PostWed Jan 17, 2018 7:24 am

jcfelice88keys wrote:I have experienced the various refinements made to the instrument, and its playability has improved with each beta iteration in the past few years.

How about you mention to them that they really should answer emails to a customer who has plunked down $1,149 in advance!!!
Steve
Steven Frank

josq

PostWed Jan 17, 2018 7:46 am

Also waiting for quite a few days for a response from IA regarding regarding a license transfer request. Not as urgent as confirming that they have just received a payment over EUR 1000. But it certainly gives the impression that business is not running as it should right now. Hopefully everything will be resolved very soon.

DaveMax

PostThu Jan 18, 2018 10:40 am

Csaba just emailed me to say that Melbourne will have landscape, portrait and 4K screens. Can't wait for more specs.

Csaba Huszty

PostSun Jan 21, 2018 4:11 pm

Dear All,

More specs will be coming soon. Meanwhile I am sharing some landscape screenshots with you:

http://www.inspiredacoustics.com/en/con ... hhauptwerk
Yours truly,
Dr. Csaba Huszty

murph

PostSun Jan 21, 2018 5:07 pm

It's nice that the Soviet new year/christmas/epiphany is over and everyone there is back in the land of the living, but you have lost at least one sale due to the delay in announcing this AFTER what the rest of the world considers Christmas.
How long do you plan to keep the pre-order price, seeing as most of us bought something else due to the delay?
WHY was this not announced BEFORE the internationally accepted Christmas dates? Just because the Orange one capitulates to Putin doesn't mean the rest of the world does.

Lougheed

PostSun Jan 21, 2018 7:31 pm

Csaba Huszty wrote:Dear All,

More specs will be coming soon. Meanwhile I am sharing some landscape screenshots with you:

http://www.inspiredacoustics.com/en/con ... hhauptwerk

Thanks for posting, Csaba. Looks very impressive! :-)

smfrank

PostSun Jan 21, 2018 10:11 pm

Csaba Huszty wrote:Meanwhile I am sharing some landscape screenshots with you

Love the ‘rocker tab’ view. Great way to fit a lot on the screen.
Steve
Steven Frank

telemanr

PostSun Jan 21, 2018 10:45 pm

I find the couplers very confusing since I’m only used to to the reverse convention. When I see "Pedal to Great" my brain says the pedal stops will sound from the Great manual. I suppose I’m used to Great to Pedal as if it said Great stops are "sent to" the Pedal not "taken from" which is what this organ's "to" really means.
At any rate it’s confusing to switch from one convention to the reverse. Especially quickly on the fly.
Rob Enns

Cooky

PostMon Jan 22, 2018 3:24 am

Hi Telemanr,
I think your brain got it right.
The Couplers screen is an Inspired Acoustics "special" that they use on a number (perhaps all?) of their sample sets, which permit the coupling of any organ division to any other division as well as the availability a complete suite of Melody and Bass couplers.

Thus as well as the usual Great and Swell to Pedal couplers., the reverse (Pedal to Great, Pedal to Swell etc.) is available by using the "Couplers" screen.

In "native" form for this organ - as displayed on other screens - such exotic couplers are not available.
I think they are on the Couplers page, for those who like to push beyond the boundaries of the real instrument into the realm of the possible.

sjkartchner

PostMon Jan 22, 2018 8:57 am

Nice looking sample set.
Stan Kartchner, Tucson, AZ USA

jcfelice88keys

PostMon Jan 22, 2018 1:04 pm

Updated Homemade Teaser Video:

Earlier this month, I made available my own teaser video of Thomas Heywood playing the BWV 542 fugue live at Melbourne Town Hall, and had alternately faded between synchronized audio and video of my own performance of the same piece. You will recall that every attempt was made to duplicate the registration, phrasing, tempi and articulation of Heywood's original performance using a beta copy of the IA MTH organ.

This time, I uploaded the same Thomas Heywood live performance, but with the entire audio track of the Inspired Acoustics MTH sample library grafted to the video. In essence, you will be viewing Heywood's performance (with zero percent of the original audio track) and listening to the soon-to-be-released IA sample library at the same time.

Here's the URL of the newest Heywood video / IA MTH VPO audio:

EDIT 09FEB2018: Youtube video was deleted because of possible copyright infringement. End Edit.

The sound of the previous video was exactly as it comes to you out-of-the-box, with zero post processing of any kind on my part. In contrast, in today's video submittal, I did post-process the audio of the sample library with Izotope Ozone 8 and added Altiverb 7's Sydney Opera House convolution impulse response. Why? The original Heywood video was played to a full house, whose audience would have soaked up the reverberation. Thus, the Heywood video was post-processed with compression, mid+side band, and some third party reverb. My most recent youtube video is meant to be heard by the general public, so I attempted to apply post-processing to the audio in similar amounts.

Personally, the out-of-the-box audio of the earlier teaser video has more sparkle and clarity than what is presented in the video uploaded just today.

Enjoy,

Joe
Last edited by jcfelice88keys on Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:28 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Csaba Huszty

PostMon Jan 22, 2018 1:17 pm

@murph: introductory (pre-order) pricing of the MTH sample set is effective until 28 Feb 2018.
Yours truly,
Dr. Csaba Huszty

ludu

PostMon Jan 22, 2018 2:09 pm

Do you plan to make a demo version?
Luc
PreviousNext

Return to Hauptwerk instruments