It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:01 am

Is Connoisseur Series KeyMedia Productions still around?

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

damuehlbauer

Is Connoisseur Series KeyMedia Productions still around?

PostFri Feb 23, 2018 5:27 pm

I see the Connoisseur Series organs from KeyMedia Productions listed on the Hauptwerk website, but their website does not open and I cannot find it by searching. Are they still around, or perhaps have a new name?
David Muehlbauer
Mesa, Arizona USA

organsRgreat

Re: Is Connoisseur Series KeyMedia Productions still around?

PostSat Feb 24, 2018 6:20 am

I contacted Brett about this some months ago, and he said he “did not know what had happened” to the Connoisseur series of theatre organs. Fortunately Brett had the one DVD I needed to complete the set. It does seem that the samples are no longer available, and I think that's a pity, as the reeds in particular are beautifully even, and the voicing in general is of a high standard. The samples are mono, and the tremulant is in software, but it's still an excellent set.

So far as “premium” theatre organs are concerned, the main contenders seem now to be the “Masterworks” Wurlitzer from MDA (software tremulants), and the Paramount series, which has sampled tremulants, and from that point of view sounds more authentic. I believe another organ is “in the works” from the Paramount team, but it's some while since I heard any news of it.

Organorak

Re: Is Connoisseur Series KeyMedia Productions still around?

PostThu Mar 08, 2018 4:13 pm

If you are looking for a theater organ sample producer, don't forget that Melotone Productions produce a range of Morton organs from two manual up to the 23 rank 4 manual Wonder which I have and can recommend.

Return to Hauptwerk instruments