It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:37 am

Peterborough cathedral virtual organ

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

murph

Re: Peterborough cathedral virtual organ

PostThu Jul 26, 2018 6:22 pm

Is this still happening?
The website has gone completely this time.

Erzahler

PostFri Jul 27, 2018 9:13 am

I have heard from Ben Trenchard and re Peterborough sample set, he hopes to begin beta testing soon and may have a stereo version out by the end of the year.
His website had been unavailable due to compatibility problems but is now up again.
He says 'The results so far are fantastic, and I can’t wait to get the set out there for everyone to enjoy.'
https://www.audioangelorum.com

murph

PostFri Jul 27, 2018 5:56 pm

Mmmmm. Still getting internal server error at home on Win10. Got a website at work on XP. There must still be config errors somewhere. Glad to know the project hasn't folded.

dhm

PostFri Jul 27, 2018 6:07 pm

I’m also getting the 500 - Internal server error (on an iPad).
Douglas Henn-Macrae
Authorized Hauptwerk Reseller
http://www.midi-organs.eu

Erzahler

PostFri Jul 27, 2018 6:10 pm

Murph, I just got this link to work;
https://www.audioangelorum.com/Pipewatch.htm
Ben says he is still working on the sample when time permits.

murph

PostFri Jul 27, 2018 7:57 pm

Yeah, that works, but click home and see what happens....
Anyway, glad to see it's not entirely dead. If help is required, I'm sometimes available. (It's festival season 'till september.....)

IainStinson

PostSat Jul 28, 2018 3:17 am

Go to https://www.audioangelorum.com to see the site.... there is something wrong with the linkages between pages on the site. The direct link https://www.audioangelorum.com/DBPage.asp?PageNumber=1 also works.

Trenchardb

PostSat Jul 28, 2018 5:03 pm

Many apologies for the AudioAngelorum website certificate configuration issues. I believe it is now correctly configured. I will update the site with progress on the sample set when I have a minute.

The set is progressing very well, and I am working hard to have something available later this year. The current plan is to release a stereo ambient set initially, which will come in 3 parts. Additionally, a demo version will be made available which will be compatible with hauptwerk free edition.

My thanks to you all for your patience, and to those who have offered help and encouragement so far. I realise that there is a great deal of interest in this wonderful instrument, and whilst it is taking me some time to reacreate as a hauptwerk instrument, I hope that you will all enjoy the end result when the project is complete.

murph

PostSat Jul 28, 2018 7:21 pm

It all seems to be working correctly again. The cert issues I was giving a pass on for the last few months. When it became 500 errors, I thought the worst..
I'm looking forward to this and am glad to know quality is the foremost consideration!

CWEB

PostSun Aug 19, 2018 3:41 pm

Very much looking forward to this. A worthy English cathedral alternative to the familiar Willis instruments. And I fully support a dedicated stereo version. I'm primarily a headphone user so have no need of surround, and I'm not convinced by the current fashion for fancy variable perspective - it uses a lot of computer resources and entails a lot of fiddling to get right. I'd rather a sample set is simple but impeccably produced.

einer_von_weitem

PostSun Aug 19, 2018 3:49 pm

And I fully support a dedicated stereo version. I'm primarily a headphone user so have no need of surround, and I'm not convinced by the current fashion for fancy variable perspective - it uses a lot of computer resources and entails a lot of fiddling to get right. I'd rather a sample set is simple but impeccably produced.

I fully agree!
My Hauptwerk recordings on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJu6YY ... XMA/videos

Andrew Grahame

PostMon Aug 20, 2018 1:32 am

Me too!

DQB321

PostWed Dec 05, 2018 6:05 am

Is the time drawing nigh??? :)

Andrew Grahame

PostWed Dec 05, 2018 6:15 am

I understand that something may emerge early next year, and that it will be well worth the wait.

Trenchardb

PostWed Dec 05, 2018 6:23 am

The short answer is yes, but it’s not going to be this year. I am working as hard as possible to get the latest beta version out for testing, and once I have feedback, I will be in a better position to Estimate the final release date. Many thanks for all of you who are exhibiting the patience of saints! Having waited eagerly for new sample sets myself, I appreciate how frustrating it is to wait endlessly for snippets of news. In this case I hope that the wait is almost over, and I hope to be able to give further information in the new year!
PreviousNext

Return to Hauptwerk instruments