It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:06 am

Selling samples sets

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

Eric Sagmuller

Re: Selling samples sets

PostThu May 03, 2018 6:40 pm

Hmm, MDA do not allow listing a used sample set for sale on this forum. Not sure they allow asking if someone has one to sell, either.

Eric

Erzahler

PostThu May 03, 2018 7:24 pm

The sample was not listed on the Forum but I would like to suggest to the Moderators that now that Hauptwerk has been up and running for at least 10 years members might be given the official opportunity to clear out samples that they no longer use. This might be allowed under the For Sale/Wanted section of the Forum. There is an ownership transfer system already and the developer gets a fee for the exchange of ownership so everyone wins.

Eric Sagmuller

PostFri May 04, 2018 5:22 am

Yes that would be nice.

Eric

adri

PostFri May 04, 2018 6:02 am

If the transfer of ownership (of protected sets only) is done via the original vendor, with proof of an uninstall by the original owner, I personally do not see a valid reason to forbid it on this forum in the For Sale section.

Unless I am overlooking something.

Sky

PostSat May 12, 2018 2:44 pm

I think and feel this might actually be asked too much from the operator of this forum, to also provide a platform which in the end reduces the number of sold sample sets.

Erzahler

PostSat May 12, 2018 6:11 pm

I don't think selling second hand cars has done the new car industry much harm. There will always be buyers for the latest product but no one still wants to buy a 10 year old car at full price. This is the issue with organ samples - many old samples are still being sold at original price unless on special. I accept that samples do not 'wear out' like an old car but they do get superceded by new and better models. As I see it a member probably only wants to sell a sample because they have bought a newly released sample that is better quality, suits their changing musical tastes or is just 'a must have'.

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostTue May 15, 2018 12:01 pm

I don't think selling second hand cars has done the new car industry much harm.

If only we were as big as the automobile industry!

I appreciate the comments and requests here, however we still prefer to respect the developers for Hauptwerk and ask that any second hand instruments be sold outside the forum. We have no issue with transferring licenses (and do it often), but this isn't the place to do so that we can better support direct sales which help the Hauptwerk developer community keep going.

Thanks for your understanding!
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO
Previous

Return to Hauptwerk instruments