It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:45 am

Sample set of large Dutch street organ coming soon

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

adri

Sample set of large Dutch street organ coming soon

PostSun Apr 01, 2018 3:41 am

The nice thing is that it comes with 500 included midi files of the most popular street organ musics.

Stay tuned for more news soon.

organsRgreat

Re: Sample set of large Dutch street organ coming soon

PostSun Apr 01, 2018 5:43 am

Wonderful! Some fairground organs / street organs / mechanical organs produce really beautiful sounds, and I've often wished there was a set available for Hauptwerk. I hope there will be some ranks with “flutter” tremolos, which I believe are produced by placing holes in the cardboard controller very close together; the result is an “on-off” tremolo, quite different from that on church or theatre organs.

I particularly like the instruments by Carl Frei, who it seems was also an arranger and composer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gyqTy3kiOg

Just had a horrible thought - it's April 1st! I hope this is genuine though . . .

Jan Loosman

PostSun Apr 01, 2018 6:38 am

Haha, I hope it wil be surround and with organ perspective recording :wink:

Regards Jan

adri

PostSun Apr 01, 2018 7:15 am

While you're anxiously waiting for its release, enjoy this video in the meanwhile:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=kunkels+draaiorgel&&view=detail&mid=68E8398882B36EA00CB768E8398882B36EA00CB7&&FORM=VRDGAR

the 500 pieces include arrangements of orchestral works, piano compositions, operas, popular melodies, the Beatles, Jazz, The Nutcracker, Chopin, Beethoven, Elvis Presley, even some Bach, etc., etc. Too many to Liszt here.

adri

PostSun Apr 01, 2018 7:18 am

Jan Loosman wrote:Haha, I hope it wil be surround and with organ perspective recording :wink:

Regards Jan

The surround version is different here: you can vary the amount of ambient street/people/church bell/car honking, etc. noises.

joeroberts

PostSun Apr 01, 2018 1:46 pm

Wow! What a thrilling sound......For those of us who may not be able to purchase these files when they become available, it is well worth it to bookmark the url demo which you provided...a grand collection..!
Regards,
Joe

adri

PostSun Apr 01, 2018 3:03 pm

As it is March 32 today, tomorrow the beer is free. Keep coming back tomorrow for free beer. Tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow.

All April fooling aside, the idea of a barrel street organ might indeed delight some Hauptwerkians. I myself love listening to it.....but only for about 15 minutes at home. In the street as background music I really love it. Such a nice atmosphere it provides. Just like carillons playing ....

Return to Hauptwerk instruments