It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:12 am

Ziegler Organ from Transylvania (42/3+P) new sample set

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

takatsa

Ziegler Organ from Transylvania (42/3+P) new sample set

PostSun May 20, 2018 9:49 am

I am happy to inform everyone that completed my two new sample sets.
Ziegler Organ from Sepsiszentgyorgy - Transylvania (42/3+P)
The organ is located in the Christ the King parish church of Sepsiszentgyorgy. Sepsiszentgyörgy (Sfântu Gheorghe) is the capital city of Covasna County, Romania. Located in the central part of the country and in the historical region of Transylvania. The modern church was built in 1990-2006.
The organ was built by Rudolf Ziegler in 1953 for Mountreux St. Vincent Church. The original organ was expanded in 1972 and then demolished in 2008 and was released to the Christ the King Church of Sepsiszentgyörgy. The organ has a French disposition, 3 manual and 42 stops. The recording was made with my friend Megyaszai László in May 2017.
The sample sets are available in wave format 48kHz/24bit, stereo, multiple loops (1-14) and multiple releases (3 levels). Equal, a=440 Hz. The reverb 2.5 s, reflects the original acoustics of the church. Hauptwerk v4.0 and higher supported for the Organ Definition Files.
The sample sets made in two forms.
1. Wet version (stereo recording space of the church)
2. Surround version (3 pairs of stereo recording up close (near) and at a distance (far) and in the background (rear).
Screenshots:
Audio demos:
stereo (wet): Corrette - Magnificat du 1-er Ton, Miscellanea, Balbastre - Premiere Suite de Noels, No. 6.
surround version; Corrette - Concerto in C major (Op 26/4), Buttstett - Vater unser im Himmelreich,
Grieg - In the Hall of the Mountain King
More information.
(There are more audio demos and can be downloaded the demo of sample set).
Acknowledgements:
The following friends helped me to make and publish the sample set (in alphabetical order): Dominique Dantand, Gérard Lefranc, Nagy István, Enrico Sandrini and Adrian Wheal. If something's done well, it's thanks to them. Thank you for their work

Klais-Ziegler composite set (90/5+P)
I have two modern-baroque sample sets: the Klais Organ from Szikszo (Hungary) and the Ziegler Organ from Transylvania. The first is French disposition, the second is German. I was thinking that it would be interesting to hear these two organs together. I made a composite of these two. Now it has a 90 stops, 5 manuals monster. It's just a game, but it's very funny. :D
Screenshots:
Audio demos: J.S.Bach - Fantasia and Fugue for organ in A Minor BWV 561
More information.
Anyone who buys the Klais and the Ziegler (Surround) samples will receive this composite for free.

Best regards,
Augustine
Last edited by takatsa on Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

V.KÜTTINGER

Re: Ziegler Organ from Transylvania (42/3+P) new sample set

PostMon May 21, 2018 3:43 am

I've the chance to have a 5 manuals monster at home. This composite sample set sounds very good. I just need time to tame it and adjust the audio level for the 6 channels (only in 16 bits because I just have 32 G of RAM). I'll try to install the 4 channels in 20 bits and compare both versions. I'll give you others news about this subject..
About the Ziegler sample, I can say it's a surprising sample with some french style. Just listen to my demos of Corrette's music on COntrebombarde. But as a versatile sample, german baroque music sounds well too. There are a lot of possibilities to obtain original stops combinations.

takatsa

PostMon May 21, 2018 2:02 pm

[quote="V.KÜTTINGER"][/quote]
Thank you very much for your comments.
Thanks to my friends, I have been able to use a finer noise filter than ever before. This is why the Ziegler sample's sound quality is better than my previous sample sets. The disposition of sample is basically French-Baroque, but of course you can play it differently.

morharn

PostThu May 24, 2018 8:26 am

The Ziegler sample set is most enjoyable. Firstly noticeable, the clarity of the sound is striking. Thereafter, an amazing characteristic of this organ may be heard. Though solo stops are distinct, when used in ensemble they do not seem to overpower lesser voices. The contribution of each rank is still heard cooperatively in proportion to its strength without loss of identity. I very much like this sample set!

takatsa

PostFri May 25, 2018 8:12 am

[quote="morharn"][/quote]
Dear Bill, Thank you for your appreciation. I'm glad you like the sample set and wish you a fun and enjoyable time to playing organ.
Now I'll have a little break because I've run out of my organ recordings. But I hope I find organs, and I'll continue to make the sample sets.
Best regards, Augustine

Return to Hauptwerk instruments