It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:33 am

Now Released!!! Furtwängler & Hammer, Kaiserdom Königslutter

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

ReinerS

Now Released!

PostFri Jan 18, 2019 6:39 am

Dear all,

many of you have been waiting for this:

The sample set of the Furtwängler und Hammer organ in the Kaiserdom (Imperial Cathedral) in Königslutter (Germany) is now released and available for purchase!

All relevant Information is listed on my website here. For an introductory period until Feb 3rd the sample set is available at a reduced price. As with all our sample sets a free and complete Trial Edition is available for download (approx. 22GB).

Best regards
Reiner

sesquialtera

Re: Now Released!!!

PostFri Jan 18, 2019 12:04 pm

Congrats ! the audio demos sound really good !
Is it possible to see more pictures of this beautiful organ on your site, please ?
Thank you.

smfrank

PostFri Jan 18, 2019 6:12 pm

This is an extremely lovely set!
I bought it as soon as it was announced.
Very nice acoustic.
I've been playing Bach all day.

Bravo!!!

Steve
Steven Frank

ludu

PostSat Jan 19, 2019 11:18 am

Hello Reiner,

Congratulations for this new issue! May I suggest you add an MD5 files to the files we’ve to download? When an error occurs during the installation, we don’t know which file is corrupted without this information.

Best regards,
Luc

Olivero

PostSat Jan 19, 2019 12:29 pm

A wunderful organ, recorded in an absolute high level quality. I’ve been waiting so long for a german romantic organ, disappointed about the Dudelange from Voxus. Now Reiner‘s work is exzellent.

adri

PostSat Jan 19, 2019 5:56 pm

smfrank wrote:This is an extremely lovely set!
Very nice acoustic.

Bravo!!!

Steve

Bach? Oh why not, right?
:-)

ludu

PostSun Jan 20, 2019 5:02 am

ludu wrote:Hello Reiner,

Congratulations for this new issue! May I suggest you add an MD5 files to the files we’ve to download? When an error occurs during the installation, we don’t know which file is corrupted without this information.

Best regards,

Impossible to install the trial version. After 3 attempts, the files are always corrupted…
Luc

ReinerS

PostSun Jan 20, 2019 5:15 am

ludu wrote:
ludu wrote:Hello Reiner,

Best regards,

Impossible to install the trial version. After 3 attempts, the files are always corrupted…

Hi,
sorry to hear you are having issues with the downloads!
Here are the md5hashes for the six files, I'll put them up on the website as well:
part1: cba301b214ebc6a72c7d2184f08186fa
part2: 68a1af73446a7852b2076c1505e70e1a
part3: 0ec7055d947c7eadb422f0a8f1861d61
part4: d2e55d3cc36646d078dc33cee0736d6d
part5: bbdeae0ffb93ef2f9547017b0e7ebe70
part6: a734702513a2b74ee1e985c5476fe248

Best regards
Reiner

ludu

PostSun Jan 20, 2019 7:54 am

Hello Reiner,

Many thanks for this information, which will be useful for other customers. The installation is now successful and the sample set is wonderful. Congratulations!
Luc

johnstump_organist

PostMon Jan 21, 2019 11:39 am

adri wrote:
Very nice acoustic.

Bravo!!!

Steve

Bach? Oh why not, right?

Yes why not indeed. I've made this point before I think. Good music will sound good on a good organ. We get spoiled with HW, choosing an organ appropriate to the literature, but consider this: If you were the organist at this church, would you only play German Romantic lit? The French play all the literature on CC organs. Mendelssohn was at St Thomas, Leipzig so are his Sonatas (commissioned by an English publisher) to be played on a Bach organ or an English Romantic instrument? I'm sure he played them on all kinds of organs, adapting as necessary. Albert Schweitzer claimed CC organs were the best for playing Bach!! Messiaen is known to have toured in Germany playing his own music (originally conceived on a modified CC organ) on Neo-Baroque German instruments. My point is, in the real, non-virtual world, you play the literature you want to play on the organ that is at your fingertips, - you have no choice. And if your budget is limited in the Virtual world, in other words you can't afford to buy every sample set that comes out, you end up doing the same. Although, I have a few sample sets, my setup loads the main Rotterdam organ at startup and I hardly ever change it, I can register almost everything on it and I like the sound. I'm considering moving to the Rosales in order to have a similarly complete spec and somewhat less reverb. Besides, most of the time when I'm learning/reviewing notes, I play on a few 8' and 4' flutes until I'm ready to practice on the actual registration.
That's my 2 centavo opinion.
John

Erzahler

PostMon Jan 21, 2019 10:50 pm

Well said John. I agree 100% thanks.

adri

PostFri Jan 25, 2019 3:51 am

johnstump_organist wrote:
adri wrote:
Very nice acoustic.

Bravo!!!

Steve

Bach? Oh why not, right?

Yes why not indeed. I've made this point before I think. Good music will sound good on a good organ. We get spoiled with HW, choosing an organ appropriate to the literature, but consider this: If you were the organist at this church, would you only play German Romantic lit? The French play all the literature on CC organs. Mendelssohn was at St Thomas, Leipzig so are his Sonatas (commissioned by an English publisher) to be played on a Bach organ or an English Romantic instrument? I'm sure he played them on all kinds of organs, adapting as necessary. Albert Schweitzer claimed CC organs were the best for playing Bach!! Messiaen is known to have toured in Germany playing his own music (originally conceived on a modified CC organ) on Neo-Baroque German instruments. My point is, in the real, non-virtual world, you play the literature you want to play on the organ that is at your fingertips, - you have no choice. And if your budget is limited in the Virtual world, in other words you can't afford to buy every sample set that comes out, you end up doing the same. Although, I have a few sample sets, my setup loads the main Rotterdam organ at startup and I hardly ever change it, I can register almost everything on it and I like the sound. I'm considering moving to the Rosales in order to have a similarly complete spec and somewhat less reverb. Besides, most of the time when I'm learning/reviewing notes, I play on a few 8' and 4' flutes until I'm ready to practice on the actual registration.
That's my 2 centavo opinion.
John

That's why I put the smiley face on it; indeed why not!
We all do the same thing: we play earlier music on later organs, less so the other way around.
It was not meant as sarcastic remark.

But with HW you nevertheless have the possibility to be more authentic than with the organ you have at your church.

sesquialtera

PostFri Jan 25, 2019 5:05 am

I'm very satisfied about this new sampleset.
I asked Reiner if he could publish le list of the stops used for each fixed combinations...

To Mr Moderator and ReinerS :
adding the name of this organ in this topic's tittle could be a good idea, what do you think ?

ReinerS

PostSat Jan 26, 2019 1:33 pm

sesquialtera wrote:I'm very satisfied about this new sampleset.
I asked Reiner if he could publish le list of the stops used for each fixed combinations...

The stops used in the fixed combinations are now listed on my website. Please have a look at the "details" tab in the sample set description and scroll all the way down to the end!
Too much hassle to copy it in here as I don't want to spend the time formatting tables :(

Reiner
Last edited by ReinerS on Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sesquialtera

Re: Now Released!!! Furtwängler & Hammer, Kaiserdom Königslu

PostSat Jan 26, 2019 1:46 pm

The stops used in the fixed combinations are now listed on my website.

Thank you, very usefull and informative for me ! :)
PreviousNext

Return to Hauptwerk instruments