It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:23 am

Spotted: New Jeux D'Orgues Historic French Organ Coming 2019

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

adri

Spotted: New Jeux D'Orgues Historic French Organ Coming 2019

PostWed Oct 03, 2018 1:51 am

from their website:

Jeux d’orgues 4 : in progress

We are glad to announce the release in early 2019 of a new sample set, recorded on a historic French organ. Stay tuned!

https://www.jeuxdorgues.com/jeux-d-orgues-4-in-progress/?lang=en

lefranc22

Re: Spotted: New Jeux D'Orgues Historic French Organ Coming

PostWed Oct 03, 2018 2:08 am

On the picture of the "Jeux d'Orgues" web site one immediately recognizes the organ of the Abbey of la Chaise-Dieu. Great :)
http://www.abbaye-chaise-dieu.com/-L-orgue-de-La-Chaise-Dieu-.html

chr.schmitz

PostWed Oct 03, 2018 4:44 am

Here is another link to a website with English text and a stop list:

https://www.musiqueorguequebec.ca/orgues/france/chaisedieu.html#English

This page has also link to a few more photos of the church and of the organ.

Chris

adri

1961TC4ME

PostWed Oct 03, 2018 4:31 pm

If they do a good job of recording this instrument and its acoustic I will definitely be standing in the 'buy' line. Sounds very much like the instrument at the Royal Chapel Versailles to me, one which I've long wished would be sampled.

Marc

einer_von_weitem

PostThu Oct 04, 2018 2:22 pm

What I find a bit puzzling is that of the organ at La Chaise-Dieu only the case, at least some of the windchests and some wooden pipes survive from the original instrument. Everything else dates from the 1990s if I understand correctly. So I'm not sure this organ can really be called "historic" even though it is modelled on 18th-c. exemplars.
My Hauptwerk recordings on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJu6YY ... XMA/videos

Grant_Youngman

PostThu Oct 04, 2018 3:48 pm

einer_von_weitem wrote:What I find a bit puzzling is that of the organ at La Chaise-Dieu only the case, at least some of the windchests and some wooden pipes survive from the original instrument. Everything else dates from the 1990s if I understand correctly. So I'm not sure this organ can really be called "historic" even though it is modelled on 18th-c. exemplars.

True. But posted recordings of the actual instrument sound fine indeed. The question is how good the sample set from Jeux D'Orgues will be. Not suggesting it wouldn't be a good piece of work, just not familiar at all with their past offering for HW ..
Grant

sesquialtera

PostFri Oct 05, 2018 2:17 am

-
This organ looks promissing, and surely this soundset will be better than the past ones.
Thank you for the links adri.
Can someone please help me to find out what is the title of the background music in the first video ?
Thank you

James

PostFri Oct 05, 2018 5:32 am

I do find it a bit deceptive to imply that this is an antique instrument when, as already pointed out, it is in reality a 1990 organ in an antique case. There are sampleset producers recording modern instruments very competently and with great results who make no such suggestions.
James

adri

PostWed Oct 17, 2018 4:22 am

James wrote:I do find it a bit deceptive to imply that this is an antique instrument when, as already pointed out, it is in reality a 1990 organ in an antique case. There are sampleset producers recording modern instruments very competently and with great results who make no such suggestions.
James

In Zeerijp, there is an historic organ case, totally reconstructed; with only one pedal stop remaining, and some of the original windchests. The rest was new; yet many consider it an historic organ. Same holds true for Anloo, set available for HW. So, perhaps somewhat deceptive, but also not altogether untrue. The organ in Albi is the same story. This story is itself part of organ building history: even C-Coll depleted old stuff completely and built entirely new organs in old cases.

The organ is alas the only instrument in history that been subjected to so many changes over time. Too many if you ask me. And then the bombidngs of WWI and WWII has destroyed and maimed many magnificent instruments as well: Arnhem, Hamburg, Lubeck, Dresden, just to name a few.

Return to Hauptwerk instruments