It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:23 pm

AVO - Romantic organ from Ada (28/2+P) new sample set

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

takatsa

AVO - Romantic organ from Ada (28/2+P) new sample set

PostFri Oct 26, 2018 2:02 am

I am happy to inform everyone that completed my two new sample sets.
Romantic Organ from Ada (28/2+P).

Ada is a small town in Serbia, Vojvodina. The number of inhabitants is 10,000, and 83% of them are of Hungarian nationality. The Holy Trinity Church was built in 1795 in baroque style. A storm struck the church tower in 1969. The church tower was rebuilt, but iron bars were left uncovered so that wind could blow over them. This tower is a characteristic feature of the church.
The organ of the church was made by an unknown master in the first half of the 19th century. In 1890, the Angster organ factory repaired the organ. According to a written record, the organ was two manuals and pedal-operated, with 22 registers. In the First World War, most of the tin-pipes were recirculated and later their replacement was only partially completed.
The organ was rebuilt by a Slovenian master Franc Jenko in 1956. He left the romantic disposition unchanged, but restructured the mechanical tract for pneumatic operation. The missing Reeds were replaced by own another sample (POM organ from Ujpest)

The sample sets are available in wave format 48kHz/24bit, stereo, multiple loops (1-14) and multiple releases (3 levels). Equal, a=440 Hz. The reverb 2.5 s, reflects the original acoustics of the church. Hauptwerk v4.2 (!) and higher supported for the Organ Definition Files.
The sample sets made in two forms.
1. Wet version (stereo recording space of the church)
2. Surround version (3 pairs of stereo recording up close (near) and at a distance (far) and in the background (rear).
Screenshots

Audio demos:
Greiss - Three Chorals
Franck - Offertoire pour la Messe de Minuit
Franck - 9 pieces from L'Organiste 1nd
Dupré - Five preludes on gregorian themes
Kodály - Missa pro Organo - Agnus Dei

More information

Acknowledgements:
The following friends helped me to make and publish the sample set (in alphabetical order): Dominique Dantand, Gérard Lefranc, Nagy István, Pecze Andor and Adrian Wheal. If something's done well, it's thanks to them. Thank you for their work
Best regards, Augustine
Last edited by takatsa on Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

scottherbert

Re: AVO - Romantic organ from Ada (28/2+P) new sample set

PostSun Nov 04, 2018 11:44 am

Another fine and useful instrument from AVO! Each new offering from Augustine brings better quality and realism, and this one is no exception. A sweet Romantic organ indeed!

~S
"Life is just a dream, it is in death that we truly awaken!"

takatsa

PostSun Nov 04, 2018 4:04 pm

Thanks, Scott! :D

elia

PostMon Nov 05, 2018 12:09 pm

I wanted to do some comparative listening, i have tried some of your organs in the demo versions (Ada, Nagirakos, Gelence, Kanta, Upjest, Luins, Klais, Eule) and I was looking for a dry version that was satisfying for the close presence of the sound. Among the various possibilities, the most convincing seemed to me Eule ( https://01.hauptwerk-augustine.info/Eule-History ) .
Probably the work becomes easier with smaller pipe organs and with drier acoustics. A true dry sampling would probably be unusable for most people looking for semi-dry/wet/surround versions.

If you have other possibilities like Eule or better it would be useful to know it. It is not always easy to understand it from the website.

Thank you
Elia

takatsa

PostMon Nov 05, 2018 4:44 pm

elia wrote: It is not always easy to understand it from the website.

Dear Elia,
You are right, the wording may not be accurate.
I make 6-channel surround recording, so 3 pairs of stereo.
Near: Microphones are on the chorus 2-2.5 m from the organ.
Far: microphones approx. in the third part of the temple space, called the sweat point.
Rear: microphones in the background, away from the organ.
So there is no real dry recording because the microphones are fixed and, for real dry recording, the microphones should be moved right in front of the pipes. They are more suitable for the semidry designation, but they can approach the dry sound in a small temple space. You can see this in the Eule or Nagyrakos sample.
Augustine

Return to Hauptwerk instruments