It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:56 am

New Hauptwerk Instruments in 2019

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

adri

Re: New Hauptwerk Instruments in 2019

PostThu Jan 10, 2019 6:42 am

Concerning Prospectum, I received the following email from Gernot:

Dear Adri,

First of all a happy new year! Nice to hear from you!

Indeed there are developments. Our new provider has promised to make our new webspace/server available today or tomorrow. Then I can upload the sample sets and process orders again.

The new website is also almost complete. Although it looks similar to the old one, it is almost completely new. Since I am very busy, I tried to find a web development company and have them do the programming. Unfortunately, nobody wanted the job, except for those 'very professional' companies that ask tens of thousands of Euros. So I had to do it all by myself... and I still need to do a lot of testing.

As for the Wiegleb organ, the rumor might have been caused by the current background image on the PROSPECTUM website. Well, I can tell you two things: 1. This organ is AMAZING and 2. In order to take a picture, you have to visit the church. Do the math ;-)

As for the future, there are recordings waiting to be processed (one of a very nice classical French organ), and there are plans to record two organs in 2019.

Have a nice day,
Gernot

How to interpret the "math"? We will find out soon, I guess. Stay tuned...… :D

adri

PostThu Jan 10, 2019 7:30 am

Also, don't forget the activities of Csaba Huszty of Inspired Acoustics; they are actively working on a number of sample sets as well.

Upcoming organs: Salgareda (modern French romantic), and Bataszek (1902 Angster-Varga; symphonic/romantic); see:

http://www.inspiredacoustics.com/en/products/upcoming-releases

get your wallets ready for all these new sample sets by all these producers.... :D :D :D

Erzahler

PostThu Jan 10, 2019 9:03 pm

One thing is for sure. There is going to be a lot of competition for sales.
I hear that the Furtwängler organ from Pipeloops will be out very soon.

Wall.e

PostSat Jan 12, 2019 3:55 pm

I am waiting for the Furtwängler, it sounds very beautiful. I hope that Voxus will publish the surround version of Dudelange this year, because the Stahlhuth is such a versatile instrument.
And at least, I hope that the fine Wiegleb organ will come this year too.. but this is pure speculation, I don't know anything about a release.

adri

PostSun Jan 13, 2019 12:50 pm

Wall.e wrote:I am waiting for the Furtwängler, it sounds very beautiful. I hope that Voxus will publish the surround version of Dudelange this year, because the Stahlhuth is such a versatile instrument.
And at least, I hope that the fine Wiegleb organ will come this year too.. but this is pure speculation, I don't know anything about a release.

The organ has been re-announced on the website of Pipeloops; probably will be released very soon...

adri

PostThu Jan 24, 2019 5:05 am

Spotted on the Dutch hauptwerk forum (Pcorgel.nl)

Piotr Grabowski is working on the organ of St. Petri in Erfurt (built 1702).

http://www.pcorgel.nl/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3450

Erzahler

PostThu Jan 24, 2019 5:16 pm

The Furtwängler is available now at a special introductory price.

lefranc22

PostFri May 31, 2019 2:06 am

Prospectum is announcing the St. Gumbertus Ansbach organ(1739) soon in his new re-opened website :)
http://www.prospectum.com/psp2019/
Is a III+P / 48 stops organ

adri

PostFri May 31, 2019 3:56 am

lefranc22 wrote:Prospectum is announcing the St. Gumbertus Ansbach organ(1739) soon in his new re-opened website :)
http://www.prospectum.com/psp2019/
Is a III+P / 48 stops organ

This is one heck of a fantastic organ!!!!

Update: Gernot wrote me:

Updates for some of our existing sample sets (Anloo, Zöblitz, Weissenau) adding wind models and improved user interfaces (portrait screens etc.) are planned!

Good news!

TomBentley

PostFri May 31, 2019 6:51 am

Count me in on the disappointment of the Mt. Carmel Skinner which I bought several years go thinking there was an forthcoming update which has never over the years materialized. It has changed my perspective of ordering from MDA in the future. I do applaud their work and respect that things can take time but there are limits of patience to all things and the fact that informational updates on what is happening are rare and usually not particularly clear ... so it makes planning to purchase future sample sets becomes a very uncertain process.

engrssc

PostFri May 31, 2019 1:37 pm

Among, no doubt many others, I have found to be quite helpful Lavender Audio - David Butcher,
https://www.lavenderaudio.co.uk/organs/armley/armley-complete.html

Evensong - Jonathon Orwig
http://www.evensongmusic.net/?page_id=2521

to name two recent "experiences". Overall most sample set vendors do very well supporting their work making a person wanting to come back and buy more. Seasonal sale events are another form of support I've found.

Rgds,
Ed
Last edited by engrssc on Fri May 31, 2019 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jwillans

PostFri May 31, 2019 3:14 pm

TomBentley wrote:Count me in on the disappointment of the Mt. Carmel Skinner which I bought several years go thinking there was an forthcoming update which has never over the years materialized. It has changed my perspective of ordering from MDA in the future. I do applaud their work and respect that things can take time but there are limits of patience to all things and the fact that informational updates on what is happening are rare and usually not particularly clear ... so it makes planning to purchase future sample sets becomes a very uncertain process.

I can only share your disappointment with MDA as a result of the Skinner update failing to happen.

telemanr

PostFri May 31, 2019 3:59 pm

I’m also disappointed about the MDA Skinner.
Rob Enns

giwro

PostFri May 31, 2019 8:28 pm

engrssc wrote:Among, no doubt many others, I have found to be quite helpful Lavender Audio - David Butcher, Evensong - Jonathon Orwig to name two recent "experiences". Overall most sample set vendors do very well supporting their work making a person wanting to come back and buy more. Seasonal sale events are another form of support I've found.

Rgds,
Ed

That’s very kind of you to say, Ed. For many of us, this is a labor of love - certainly we do make a little spending money doing it, but that’s a bonus that lets us support our “habit”. :mrgreen:

I, too, have found David to be very helpful and kind.... experiences like that make me want to “come back and buy more” as Ed says.

Cheers,
Jonathan Orwig
Coon Rapids, Minnesota USA
http://www.evensongmusic.net

engrssc

PostFri May 31, 2019 10:14 pm

telemanr wrote:I’m also disappointed about the MDA Skinner.

Let's face facts, fellas - Ain't gonna happen. :cry: Time to move on. There are some other good Skinners in town. Even when E M was still building his instruments, there were many variations between acceptable and very good. I have been reading his biography.

In addition, are you aware that Hauptwerk Tee Shirts aren't available (for sale) either. :roll: :shock:

Rgds,
Ed
PreviousNext

Return to Hauptwerk instruments