It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:01 am

1884/1995 Walcker-Eule Pre-Orders

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

OAM

1884/1995 Walcker-Eule Pre-Orders

PostSat May 11, 2019 10:58 am

OrganArt Media is pleased to announce the production of the 1884/1995 E.F. Walcker-Eule organ set of Annaberg-Buchholz, Saxony, Germany.

The 1884 E.F. Walcker organ (op. 424) of the St. Annenkirche in Annaberg-Buchholz is one of the few surviving, almost completely original, large Walcker organs of the High Romanticism. The three-manual instrument originally had 56 stops (including 3 free reeds) and was enlarged with additional stops and rebuilt with pneumatic tracker action in 1894 to meet the tastes of the time.

In the 1960s, the pneumatic system started to fail and in 1975 the organ was completely put out of service when restoration work started on the church. There was no money for basic repairs. Different variants for the reconstruction of the old organ as well as a complete dismantling of the organ were considered.
Fortunately, after complex discussions, organ builder Eule of Bautzen was commissioned to preserve the instrument with its almost completely original Walcker sound and to restore it to its original state. They also enlarged the organ with nine stops using Walcker scaling on the 1894 wind chests.

The instrument with the numerous basic voices with their expressive sounds and excellent blending skills both includes the original Walcker sound of 1884 and the lightening extensions of 1995 ("Classical" mixtures with 1884 Walcker scaling, following the ideas of the Schweitzer-Rupp organ reform movement ) and thus allows an adequate performance especially of the music of the 19th century and beyond.

Being 20 years silent, the re-inauguration of the instrument took place on October 22, 1995.
Today the instrument is one of the most important and most beautiful instruments of this era.

For details about the instrument and its specification please check the OAM web site
Walcker Specification

A lot of live played sound demos is already available on the
ConcertHall (Search "Annaberg")

Recording:
48 kHz, 24 bit, multi-channel. The stops were recorded with multiple release levels for short, medium and long key attacks for optimal acoustical mapping. The Vox humana rank was additionally recorded with the original tremulant sound.
A surround version is planned in the future.

Memory requirements:
Standard 7.3 GByte only (Stereo, 16-bit compressed)

Special introductory price by June, 15, 2019

595.- Euro, (outside EU: 500.- Euro), 695.- Euro afterwards
The price includes a 32 GByte USB3 stick.

ATTENTION: The OAM office is vacant from May, 29 to June, 16.
Orders will be accepted and shipping will take place in the course of June.
Prof. Helmut Maier
OrganArt Media Sound Engineering
D-88662 Überlingen/Lake Constance
http://www.organartmedia.com

OAM

Re: 1884/1995 Walcker-Eule Pre-Orders

PostWed May 22, 2019 6:26 am

Good news:
All customers, who already have pre-ordered and paid the Walcker-Eule organ set, now can already download the set, before delivery of the USB3 stick version.
Please contact OAM, if you want the (additional) download option
Prof. Helmut Maier

OAM

PostMon May 27, 2019 10:03 am

Just found, a wonderful 360° panoramic tour within the St. Anne's church:
https://tour.360grad-team.com/de/vt/9uH ... 9926/siv/1
Prof. Helmut Maier

c.oomen

PostThu May 30, 2019 10:18 am

Hi,

Wow, what an organ! I've waited for it some time, but it was worth waiting for. When I got the sample set, I started playing with the fine whispering Harmonika 8 (SW), and only finished playing when I reached the Contraposaune 32. I nearly blew the roof off!

Just pick a quite sober piece like Schmücke dich by Brahms and try all of the 20(!) 8' flue stops one by one, try all of the combinations. There is not one, that does not sound wonderful.
Some practice is needed to work the Windschweller on the Oboe, but it effect is very beautiful (when used with care).
The Voix Céleste is on the second Manual (unenclosed), but its sound is angelic. There is the louder combination with the Salicional and the very quiet, celestial one with the Aeoline.

Playing with the accessories like fixed combinations, "Combination" (also called Prolongement, Registerfessel or free combination), Registerwalze (= Gen. Cresc.), etc. works excellently. They are perfectly suited for the German romantic music. Especially when used as an extension to the hand registration (not only for ease). Unbelievable that all these accessories work mechanically at the real organ!

Although the church acoustics are cathedral-like, the organ sounds clear and transparent. When you start playing with only a few stops, it's soft and charming like stroking puppies. And then by adding stops, especially reeds, the sound gets more concrete. But even then it stays clear too. Continue to tutti and the dog, a very big Saint-Bernard by now, flees from the room.

The additional mixtures by Eule really do what they were added for: they provide the organ with possibilities, that are in fact beyond this organs actual concept. However in the whole of the organ they sound convincing as if they have always been there, making the instrument even quite suitable for older music like (of course) Bach.

I think Annaberg is an organ that every organist will enjoy, if not because of its sound, then at least for the realistic feel. With only a bit of experience it will sound impressive, but for the more experienced player it has very beautiful surprises and subtle possibilities.

I wish everyone much joy playing this amazing sample set,
C. Oomen

OAM

PostThu Jun 13, 2019 3:20 am

Please don't forget:
Only three days left for getting the very special intro price.
Prof. Helmut Maier

david515mi

PostThu Jun 13, 2019 4:32 am

Helmut Maier,
Do you know if my intent to order was received? I haven’t yet received the payment invoice. I’m very excited about this sample set!
David
david515mi@gmail.com

OAM

PostThu Jun 13, 2019 5:38 am

Yes, no problem, processing (invoice etc.) next week.
Prof. Helmut Maier

Return to Hauptwerk instruments