Search:
Submit Search

New Notre Dame de Paris Tribute Composite Organ V 2.0 update

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...

New Notre Dame de Paris Tribute Composite Organ V 2.0 update

Postby Discipulus.veritatis » Wed May 15, 2019 2:21 pm

On the terrible occasion of the fire at Notre Dame Cathedral, I decided to make a composite organ, modeled on the 1868 version of the Notre Dame de Paris Cathedral organ restored by Cavaille-Coll, with some changes and additions. Notably is the combining of the Grand Orgue and Grand Choeur manuals, as I am not able to make an organ with 5 manuals. Chamades have been added, even though they were not present in 1868. The composite organ has 88 stops, two more than the original version of 1868. The purpose is to give a resemblance to the great organ of Notre Dame as a tribute to the organ and to provide donations for its rebuild, and not to exactly copy the reverb and sounds, as I am not able to do that. The organ will be priced at $ 50 Canadian, and a portion of proceeds will go to rebuilding the Notre Dame Cathedral. Please listen to the audio samples to get an idea of the organ, as there are no refunds. Again, the idea is not to recreate the organ perfectly, but to create nearly matching disposition and as close resemblance as possible with my limited capabilities. I hope it may serve some consolation and be helpful to the rebuilding process. God bless.

Version 3 requires Caen, St. Omer demo and Rotterdam Demo, therefore Santanyi and Forcalquier are no longer required.

https://organareginaecaeli.wordpress.co ... gan-v-2-0/
Last edited by Discipulus.veritatis on Fri May 17, 2019 4:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Discipulus.veritatis

Re: New Notre Dame de Paris Tribute Composite Organ

Postby Discipulus.veritatis » Thu May 16, 2019 6:28 am

The organ is now available for ordering!
Discipulus.veritatis

Postby IainStinson » Thu May 16, 2019 7:35 am

According to the website this instrument needs the Caen, Forcalquier, & Santanyi sample sets.
IainStinson

Postby Discipulus.veritatis » Thu May 16, 2019 6:51 pm

IainStinson wrote:According to the website this instrument needs the Caen, Forcalquier, & Santanyi sample sets.

Version 2.0 no longer requires Forcalquier, but has been replaced by the St. Omer demo
Discipulus.veritatis

Return to Hauptwerk instruments