It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:11 am

AVO - Castilian Organ replica from Budapest - new!

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

takatsa

AVO - Castilian Organ replica from Budapest - new!

PostSun Jun 09, 2019 8:55 am

I am happy to inform everyone that completed my two new sample sets.
Aeris- Castilian Organ replica from Budapest (I/15). (Each organ of the organ is divided into bass and discant.)
The organ is located in one of the housing estates of Budapest, in a newly built church of "Holy Angels".

The organ was produced by the Aeris organ factory in 2016. The main profile of this organ factory is the restoration of old organs and the creation of a certified copy of historical baroque organs. One of the most successful pieces of this work is this little Castilian organ. The organ of the Santa Maria church in Tordesillas (by Phelipe Urarte, 1716) served as a model for this instrument. The reed-pipes of organ made by Joaquín Lois, a famous Spanish organ builder.

The sample sets are available in wave format 48kHz/24bit, stereo, multiple loops (1-14) and multiple releases (2 levels). a=415 Hz, ¼ comma Meantoned temperature or Equal, a=440 Hz. The reverb 2-2.5 s, reflects the original acoustics of the church. Hauptwerk v4.2 and higher supported for the Organ Definition Files.
The sample sets made in three forms.
1. Wet version (stereo recording space of the church)
2. Semidry version (stereo recording close of the church)
2. Surround version (3 pairs of stereo recording up close (near) and at a distance (far) and in the background (rear).
I also made extended versions of three original versions that include echo manual and pedal.

Screenshots
Audio demos
More information

Acknowledgements:
The following friends helped me to make and publish the sample set (in alphabetical order): Dominique Dantand, Gérard Lefranc, Jean-Pierre Silvestre and Adrian Wheal. If something's done well, it's thanks to them. Thank you for their work
Best regards, Augustine
Last edited by takatsa on Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

adri

Re: AVO - Castilian Organ replica from Budapest - new!

PostMon Jun 17, 2019 10:29 am

Dear Augustine,

The following is a question, not a critique.

What was the reason this very interesting instrument (I met the builder last year and played another organ in Budapest) was sampled with only two releases?

Thank you!

lefranc22

PostMon Jun 17, 2019 12:14 pm

The sound recording was done, as usual with 3 releases. But Augustine told me that the day he was allowed to record this organ, it was raining very hard and that the sound of rain drops on the roof and in the gutters had made the releases de-noising very difficult. Since he was not allowed to return to make a second recording, he is happy to have managed to keep at least 2 out of 3 good releases. He will certainly explain better than me.

adri

PostMon Jun 17, 2019 3:04 pm

I see; well that explains it!
Thank you!

takatsa

PostTue Jun 18, 2019 12:35 am

adri wrote:What was the reason this very interesting instrument... was sampled with only two releases?

Dear Adri,
It's a modern church and a very small echo. There was no difference between staccato and portato release.
As this is a small, one manual organ, I thought the majority of users would be happy to have less RAM for the sample.
Best regards,
Augustine

Return to Hauptwerk instruments