It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:07 am

Peterborough Cathedral Hill Improved! - Update released

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

Trenchardb

Peterborough Cathedral Hill Improved! - Update released

PostSat Sep 28, 2019 6:59 am

I'm very pleased to announce the release of an update to Peterborough Cathedral Hill organ. This contains many enhancements to the original release, reflecting the comments and feedback which many of you have kindly offered. The changes address the release sample issue which has previously been raised on this forum, and includes the provision of an extended pedal compass to 32 notes, changes to the photo realistic stop jambs to enhance the legibility, the addition of new easy to read left and right stop jambs, adjustment to the Solo division balance, the addition of an option to switch between hauptwerk modelled tremulants and tremulant affected samples for the solo and choir, corrections to the voicing labelling and midi implemention and various other minor adjustments and improvements.

Please do feel free to re-visit the improved set, which is available at http://www.audioangelorum.com as usual, and if you have previously purchased the set, can be downloaded via the original links (I will also be emailing these links out again to all who have previously had them).

I am continuing to work on a further update to reflect the current re-pitched specification, and in due course to release dry and multi channel versions, and I will post updates as and when more information becomes available.

IainStinson

Re: Peterborough Cathedral Hill Improved! - Update released

PostTue Oct 01, 2019 6:17 am

I've downloaded and installed the updated version of this organ. No problems with the installation: it adds an additional ODF for the extended version (ending "ext") which shares the same OrganID as the "unextended version". The new features mentioned by Ben are present in both versions - but only the "ext" version extends the pedal range to 32 notes. [Sharing the same OrganID means that all my console settings and combination sets carried over to the extended version.]

The readability of the screens is improved and the new simpler versions of the screens are very clear. The sound is excellent and the few very minor "faults" I noticed in the previous version seem to have gone. The settings screen includes an option to enable the sampled tremulant ranks. I don't think the manual has been updated.

I very fine sample set and a useful update.

BTW I really find the Pedal Dulciana 16' a useful stop - much better definition than most English Sub Bass or Bourdons for a quiet pedal line.

Iain

smfrank

PostMon Jan 27, 2020 2:08 pm

Trenchardb wrote:the addition of new easy to read left and right stop jambs

What an understatement! These new views are FABULOUS!!!!
You should have examples on your website.
Now if only the Brits could get the Swell and Pedal sections in the right place :)
Steve
Steven Frank

Lougheed

PostMon Jan 27, 2020 6:58 pm

Trenchardb wrote:I am continuing to work on a further update to reflect the current re-pitched specification, and in due course to release dry and multi channel versions, and I will post updates as and when more information becomes available.

Thanks for all your work, Ben.

I'm looking forward to the multi-channel version. :-)

Lawrence

stephen_munich

PostThu May 21, 2020 5:25 am

Any chance of having the Tuba Mirabilis on a floating division and stops (transmission) for it on Solo, Great & Pedal?

Tweedle_Dee

PostTue Jun 16, 2020 5:23 pm

Any ETA on when the multi-channel version will be released?

Trenchardb

PostWed Jun 24, 2020 6:16 pm

Tweedle_Dee wrote:Any ETA on when the multi-channel version will be released?

There is a dry set and a concert pitch (new specification) update to the wet set being Beta tested currently. The multichannel set is still planned, but I won’t get a chance to do much more on it until I get the current sets released.

For those of you who want to try the wet stereo version, there is a now 2 week trial of the full instrument available. I’ll post more on this presently!

Trenchardb

PostSat Jun 27, 2020 7:17 am

Many thanks to Stephen Norton who has produced a video on youtube which describes the Peterborough Cathedral organ, and demonstrates many of the ranks using the Hauptwerk sample set. You can view it here: https://youtu.be/_WEGuNs0w1k. I note that Stephen has posted a number of other helpful Hauptwerk related videos on his youtube channel, which you may also find useful!

TubaFan

PostSat Oct 24, 2020 7:37 am

Trenchardb wrote:I am continuing to work on a further update to reflect the current re-pitched specification, and in due course to release dry and multi channel versions, and I will post updates as and when more information becomes available.

Any idea when this will be? I really want this sample set, but am planning on waiting for the repitched version.

Edit: I know this is an old thread, but I also know they are currently working on the repitched version.

Trenchardb

PostSat Oct 24, 2020 10:48 am

Yes, it is still planned, and apologies for the delay in getting it out. There is a Beta version complete, but there are some tweaks required before I release it. I hope to have some time in the next few months to finish it off.

Many thanks for your patience!

Ben

Return to Hauptwerk instruments