It is currently Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:36 am

Piotr Grabowski's Samples

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

OrganoPleno

Re: Piotr Grabowski's Samples

PostSat Feb 08, 2020 8:53 pm

lefranc22 wrote: He put them on a GoogleDrive and sent the links to his customers. Unfortunately, for a reason that remains mysterious, Goggle refuses to download them

"Quota Exceeded". The message says, "Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later."

So things should go better after the initial rush is over. Piotr put a note to this effect on his website as well.

mnailor

PostSun Feb 09, 2020 1:15 am

I bought the new CC sampleset and followed the download link. Google drive says not authorized, rather than quota exceeded, for me.

smfrank

PostSun Feb 09, 2020 5:54 am

I bought the CC set on Friday.
Regular download was about 24 hours.
Unfortunately, the wrong set (v4)
Then the Google drive link worked just fine.
BUT I used a download manager.
It sat for a while doing nothing, then BAM, it started.
Took about 10 minutes!
I think a browser would just fail.
My 2 cents
Steve

lefranc22

PostSun Feb 09, 2020 5:59 am

It was the same for me yesterday, but this morning the operation of Google drive has returned to normal. I could easily download the two sample sets whose previous release was not accepted by HW V. Now the samples are plain wav and can be used with HW V. :D

kunzuilh

PostSun Feb 09, 2020 6:03 am

I have downloaded the Stertzing organ demo version yesterday (not with Google Drive: by clicking I got a direct link to the download). After trying it for a while I fell in love with the sound and bought the full version. It was downloaded two hours ago from Google Drive with no problem (about 10 min). The organ has a very dry acoustics (although this is a matter of personal taste, I love it), but it works very well with Hauptwerk's IR. A true joy of Sample Set. Thanks Piort!

kunzuilh

PostSun Feb 09, 2020 11:54 am

With the Erfurt Sample Set I get an error: when trying to change the Audio Mixer Preset in Organ Settings ... I get the following error message and I cannot change it:

You have specified the value 529.520000 for the 'basptch' setting, which ist not within allowed range of 380.000000 to 500.000000. (Validating the 'general preferences' object named '_General'.)

Is it a problem of the Sample Set or is it that I have some wrong configuration in my Hauptwerk setup?

mdyde

PostSun Feb 09, 2020 12:24 pm

Hello kunzuilh,

I think that might be a bug in the sample set (perhaps out-of-range value specified for the original organ's pitch in the organ definition). I'll download the sample set and investigate (which might possibly take a small number of days).

In the meantime, I think you might be able to eliminate the error by going to the 'Pitch' large floating control panel, and adjusting the 'Base pitch Hz' setting to any valid value (e.g. 440 Hz).
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

mnailor

PostSun Feb 09, 2020 12:29 pm

The pitch of the organ is 529, according to the documentation.

lefranc22

PostSun Feb 09, 2020 1:41 pm

The best way to modify the parameters of this sample set is to open the "Settings" tab and drag the mouse over each percentage, up or down, keeping the left click pressed.

mdyde

PostSun Feb 09, 2020 2:17 pm

Hello kunzuilh/Gerard/mnailor,

I've contacted Piotr about it, and am downloading the demo version of the sample set. The issue is that Hauptwerk (since v4.0.0, and unchanged in v5), allows a maximum value for the base pitch setting of 500 Hz, whereas the value that Piotr has specified in the organ definition for the original organ base pitch is 529 kHz. Pitor confirmed that users sometimes gets the same error with the sample set when using it in Hauptwerk v4.

That's technically a bug in Hauptwerk (since v4.0.0), in that the range allowed for the user's organ base pitch setting needs to handle values in the range 300-600 Hz (which the organ definition allows). We'll address that for a future version (but not v5.0.1), enlarging the range that the user base pitch setting allows accordingly. My apologies for that bug.

As a work-around (in Hauptwerk v5 or v4), with the relevant organ loaded, please simply ensure that the 'Base pitch Hz' setting in the 'Pitch' large control panel ('View | Large floating control panels (for this organ)' is adjusted manually to any value within the range that the setting allows (380-500 Hz).
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

kunzuilh

PostSun Feb 09, 2020 4:16 pm

Thank you, Martin!

I will try to set another base pitch.

Regards!

Gonzalo.

Grant_Youngman

PostSun Feb 09, 2020 4:46 pm

While we're on the subject ..

After fixing the base pitch issue with Erfurt, I noticed something odd about the Left/Right stop displays.

On the Left screen, the Oberwerk is the bottom row of stops. On the Right screen, the Oberwerk is the top row of stops. Similar for the Brustwerk — top on the Left screen, bottom on the Right screen. It would make life less confusing if the Oberwerk and Brustwerk were on the same screen position left to right. At least the Pedal is in the middle on both screens :-)

Aside from that I like the demo set a lot. Planning to purchase the full set.
Grant

mnailor

PostMon Feb 10, 2020 3:55 pm

On Oloron-Sainte-Marie, has anyone gotten master scoped combinations to work correctly as divisionals?

Each division seems to work this way:

After setting the scope to all the stops (plus trem in the Recit case), and setting a fonds-only registration on a piston, the scoped piston affects the fonds correctly but fails to turn off the anches stops if previously drawn. All the division's drawknobs on the Console tab turn off, but the anches stops stay lighted on the Simple tab, and they still sound when the division's ventil is on. They should turn off because they are in scope but not in the set registration.

Ideas? Thank you.

Edit: Master generals and general cancel also have no effect on the anches stops on the Simple tab.

Later: Piotr is aware of this and will be releasing a patch, per an email.

IainStinson

PostThu Feb 13, 2020 12:29 pm

From Facebook (posted by Piotr)
I've just released a patch, which fixes an issue related to combination system and anches (stops with red label). There are two version of patch: for demo and full version. Please scroll the Oloron-Sainte-Marie to the bottom - there you will find download links.

[There is also a note saying that downloads are taking a while even for purchases....]

Iain
Previous

Return to Hauptwerk instruments