It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:49 am

Piotr Grabowski's Samples

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

lars.dietrich

Re: Piotr Grabowski's Samples

PostThu Dec 19, 2019 7:45 am

Dave: My installation works great. Mac Catalina, Maximum settings (compressed) for Friesach.
You could check the checksum of the downloaded file. Probably the download was faulty?
Or just reinstall the organ. Probably something got lost during installation.

ldeutsch

PostSun Dec 22, 2019 10:14 pm

I can add to this thread that my "Friesach Extended" extended version of one of these organs works just fine in HW V.

Les

Dave

PostTue Jan 14, 2020 5:48 am

Thanks to all for your responses. Whilst the friesach extended worked without issue I still had errors with the base friesach. I de installed and reinstalled twice. I was getting an error at about 10% with c wav file not loading. In the end I decided to de installed the data as well then re install. Finally this worked though i had to reset up everything. Still got it working in the end.

My wife bought me a couple of banks of rocker switches from a company in Canada for Christmas which i have spent the time programming. What fun!! Though i did need to build boxes for them. Still the re install wasn't that big a deal in the end.

lefranc22

PostWed Feb 05, 2020 1:00 pm

Piotr's website is announcing 6 new sample sets. 3 of them for February. :D
http://piotrgrabowski.pl/instruments/

Insulaner

PostFri Feb 07, 2020 12:48 pm

The first two sets are available. Stertzing-Büßleben and CC-Oloron. But Google-Drive doesn't allow the download right now. So we got o be patient...

lefranc22

PostFri Feb 07, 2020 1:00 pm

The Cavaillé-Col d'Oloron-Sainte-Marie is a jewel of the French romantic organ and the Erfurt organ is certainly the most authentic instrument of Thuringia at the time of J. S. Bach. Pachelbel was its organist for a long time and the whole Bach family played this instrument.
These two sample-sets are offered at € 149 excluding tax (launch price). There are free demo versions, limited to a few stops. The creation of an account is compulsory. With a valid account those sets can be downloaded without any problem. But Piotr's server is slow.
The demos offered on Piotr Grabowski's website are magnificent. I think these two sample sets deserve to be paid at the asking price, even if Piotr had given us bad habits of gratuitousness.

kunzuilh

PostFri Feb 07, 2020 1:52 pm

Demos downloaded!

kunzuilh

PostFri Feb 07, 2020 3:48 pm

I'm trying to load de Demo Version of Erfurt in HW5 and always get this error: "the file XXXXXX cannot be used in this version of Hauptwerk. Please contact its maker for an updated version." Does this happen to anyone else?

lefranc22

PostFri Feb 07, 2020 6:04 pm

I'm trying to load de Demo Version of Erfurt in HW5 and always get this error: "the file XXXXXX cannot be used in this version of Hauptwerk. Please contact its maker for an updated version." Does this happen to anyone else?

Yes. I bought and downloaded these two sample sets. They are not compatible with Hauptwerk5 because their samples are encrypted. I just emailed Piotr asking if he intended to write an update for Hauptwerk5. Otherwise it is impossible for me to use these organs.
Piotr just emailed me and was very surprise. He is still working with HW 4 and could not test HW5. He will contact MDA in the morning to find a solution.

smfrank

PostFri Feb 07, 2020 7:24 pm

lefranc22 wrote:
They are not compatible with Hauptwerk5 because their samples are encrypted. I just emailed Piotr asking if he intended to write an update for Hauptwerk5.

That’s just great. The website says they don’t need a dongle update and for HW4 and later. But at the speed it’s downloading it will be some time tomorrow.
I assumed (yeah, I know) that new sample sets in 2020 would be compatible with 5.
Steve
Steven Frank

OrganoPleno

PostFri Feb 07, 2020 7:35 pm

smfrank wrote:That’s just great...I assumed... that new sample sets in 2020 would be compatible with 5.

I just received an e-mail from Piotr:"I think I will release unencrypted versions to make sure they will work fine. But please give me few hours to do that. Sorry for the problems."

So hang in there! Everything will work out soon.

Tweedle_Dee

PostSat Feb 08, 2020 2:08 pm

Anyone know if the demo(s) works with HWV yet?

Grant_Youngman

PostSat Feb 08, 2020 2:35 pm

Tweedle_Dee wrote:Anyone know if the demo(s) works with HWV yet?

I downloaded and installed the CC demo with no problems on HW5
Grant

Tweedle_Dee

PostSat Feb 08, 2020 2:39 pm

Thanks, I'll give it a go.

lefranc22

PostSat Feb 08, 2020 6:22 pm

Anyone know if the demo(s) works with HWV yet?

The first demos (and the fist sample sets too) were encrypted and therefore they were not accepted by HW V. Piotr deprotected them. The demos that can be actually downloaded from ihis site have samples in wav format. They are therefore usable by HW V. I installed and opened them without problem.
Piotr did the same (temporarily) for the two complete sample sets, before finding a better solution. He put them on a GoogleDrive and sent the links to his customers. Unfortunately, for a reason that remains mysterious, Goggle refuses to download them. Buyers should soon receive other more reliable links.
PreviousNext

Return to Hauptwerk instruments