It is currently Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:56 am

AVO Buckow-Rieger Organ from Komarom v2 (51/3+P)

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

takatsa

AVO Buckow-Rieger Organ from Komarom v2 (51/3+P)

PostSun Apr 05, 2020 4:03 am

I am happy to inform everyone that completed my new version of Buckow-Rieger Organ from Komárom (Slovakia)

Komárom (Komárno, Komorn) is one of the most important town of Hungarian historic.
The predecessor of Andrew Holy Church was built between 1674-77. The church ruined in the big earthquake of Komárom in 1763. The church was rebuilt in Baroque style in 1768-71. The Holy Andrew church is the largest church of Komárom.

The oirgan of church was built by Carl Friedrich Ferdinand Buckow between 1860-64. The Prussian Buckow was born in 1801 in Danzig. He studied with masters Schinkel and Grünberg and studied German and English and French organ building. His workshop was in Vienna and he built 54 organ. The organ of Andrew church was the largest and most recent work of Buckow. Buckow died two weeks before the transfer of the organ. The romantic organ with 42 stops was one of the largest organ in Hungary. In that time there was no such organ in Buda or Pest nor in Pozsony (Bratislava). In 1899 the Rieger brothers expanded to nine registers and partially rebuilt the organ. Since then, no changes have been made. This is both gratifying because the organ is preserved in its original state, on the other hand it is sad, because the organ is a state of disrepair.
Recorded in summer 2015. I used six microphones, but only made the sample from the 2-channel front. The sample set is ready for Christmas 2015. I was not completely satisfied with the quality of the sample and always planned a new recording with better microphones. Unfortunately this did not happen because the condition of the organ continued to deteriorate. But in recent years I have learned a lot and my sample-making technique has improved a lot. So I decided to make a six channel surround version using the original recording. V2 is ready for spring 2020 and I think it is much better than v1. I am very pleased with this because I believe that this wonderful and unique organ deserves the attention of the world

The sample sets are available in wave format 48kHz/24bit, stereo, multiple loops (1-8) and multiple releases (3 levels). Equal, a=440 Hz. The reverb 4.5-5 s, reflects the original acoustics of the church. Hauptwerk v4.2 or v5 supported for the Organ Definition Files.
The sample sets made in several forms.
1. Stereo versions two channels (a. near, b. far native,)
2. Surround versions (3 pairs of stereo recording: close (near); at distance (far) and in the background (rear).
In the surround version you can adjust the perspective by setting the volume of the near, far and rear recordings. (Suitable HW loading and channel settings can be used to give near or far stereo modes or 4 channel surround mode too).

Screenshots
Audio demos
More information

Acknowledgements:
The following friends helped me to make and publish the sample set (in alphabetical order): Dominique Dantand, Gábor Forró, Andrew Lecky, Gérard Lefranc, Alfred Morse, William Morrong, István Nagy, Andor Pecze, Jean-Pierre Silvestre and Adrian Wheal. If something's done well, it's thanks to them. Thank you for their work

StephenM

Re: AVO Buckow-Rieger Organ from Komarom v2 (51/3+P)

PostTue Apr 07, 2020 9:04 am

Thanks Augustine.

One of your best. Beautiful, balanced sound.
Stephen

takatsa

Re: AVO Buckow-Rieger Organ from Komarom v2 (51/3+P)

PostFri Apr 10, 2020 4:42 pm

Thank you for your appreciation, Stephen, and I wish you much pleasure in using the sound sample.

Return to Hauptwerk instruments