It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:48 pm

4 manual modern organ for Hauptwerk (Sonus Paradisi)

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

StephenM

Re: 4 manual modern organ for Hauptwerk (Sonus Paradisi)

PostSat Dec 16, 2023 9:09 am

Did you load the demo before loading the full organ?

Stephen

evertjan

PostSat Dec 16, 2023 9:49 am

Roman

Jiri has written a blog (https://www.sonusparadisi.cz/en/blog/bi ... ompatible/) why you have to do the steps, written below (HW may freeze for maybe ten minutes on updating from current version 1.4 to version 1.5). Therefor he advises to uninstall the previous version.
Please read this blog.

Steps to be taken:

- Use "File | Uninstall ..." to uninstall the Billerbeck sample set, including all of its "Organ: ..." and "Data: ..." entries.

- When prompted during the de-installation, select the option that you will NOT remove its settings and combinations (otherwise you have to do MIDI learn for everything you have done in the past and your previous registrations are gone)

- Verify that all the files that you downloaded for the sample set have MD5 checksums that match these values exactly:
https://www.forum.hauptwerk.com/viewtop ... 75#p157614

- If all files are put in 1 directory on your HW PC, install both volumes of version 1.5 of the sample set

cochereau32

PostSat Dec 16, 2023 11:08 am

Roman,

I spent way too much time on this last weekend getting mad and frustrated. I finally realized that needed to install both the Trial (vol 1) and the 6 channel (vol 2) files. But I never would have realized this because Hauptwerk wasn’t telling me that it was missing files, it just kept telling me that the files were corrupted.

I did uninstall the organ as instructed but didn’t choose the option to delete the registrations etc and even though the first load took forever, I’m glad I didn’t have to put in all of my combinations *and* voicing and rank routing to speakers settings because that would have taken FOREVER. I did notice something strange upon loading for the first time- the rank routing selections for the diffuse ranks had all defaulted back to nothing, but the rank routing selections I had made for those diffuse ranks before the update had all moved to the direct channels.

I am not mad at Jiri because I understand that he can’t think of every situation that would come up with a customer before hand, but it was frustrating to go through this process for sure. I am very grateful for the Tuba and the fact that it is a free update to this fantastic sample set that I enjoy very much.

seh52

PostSat Dec 16, 2023 11:56 am

After several attempts, I finally got it. Here's how...

1. I totally uninstalled and removed everything about v.1 of Billerbeck.
2. I downloaded v. 1.5 of both Vol 1 (Demo) and Vol 2 (has the new tuba).
3. I installed Vol 1, then Vol 2 of the v. 1.5.
4. Only then, they loaded and created the new v.1.5 of Billerbeck.

bambergfranken

PostSat Dec 16, 2023 2:01 pm

Thank you all for your kind help!
But I'm probably too stupid. In the folder "My Products" I find a total of 9 files "Vol. 2 / Version 1.5"
Where is the rest? Where is Volume 1 and where is the demo set?
Is volume 1 also version 1.5? Or do I take volume 1 from the old sample set? (But that didn't work yesterday).
It would have been helpful if Jiri had put all the links together. Then there wouldn't be such confusion.
I'll just do without the tuba. At least then the set will work.
Thanks again to everyone!

evertjan

PostSat Dec 16, 2023 2:58 pm

Volume 1 is the Demo set. Also this is updated to 1.5

If this set is not in your MyProducts webshop page, then you have received the demo from another person or local HW shop.

In that case, go to https://www.sonusparadisi.cz/en/organs/ ... organ.html
Tab order.
Below on that page you will find the demo (vol. 1). Order it again for € 0,00 and it will appear in your MyProduct page.

evertjan

PostSat Dec 16, 2023 3:03 pm

cochereau32 wrote: But I never would have realized this because Hauptwerk wasn’t telling me that it was missing files, it just kept telling me that the files were corrupted.
This is correct, because you start the Billerbeck demo ODF.
The full organ ODF is in Vol. 2 (of course) and Vol. 2 was not installed at that moment and not missing while starting the Demo ODF.

bambergfranken

PostSat Dec 16, 2023 3:21 pm

Thank you very much, evertjan,
that is the solution to the problem. But you have to come up with that first. Especially as this is a new demo set. It is strange that this is not clearly described. You would just have to put the links of all the required files in a folder. But: Why make it simple when you can make it complicated?
Many thanks to everyone, you have really helped me :lol: ;-)
Roman

evertjan

PostSat Dec 16, 2023 4:30 pm

De demo version (Vol. 1) is not new. It's an update of the 1.0 demo version!!

In the SP web shop the demo version and full organ are separate products. Not only for Billerbeck, but for all organs.
And sometimes there is a third product: the Dry version.

bambergfranken

PostSat Dec 16, 2023 5:07 pm

I have always tried the installation with the old demo set. I didn't realise that the demo set had also been updated and needed to be downloaded again. But now everything works! Thanks also to Jiri for the free update!
Roman
Previous

Return to Hauptwerk instruments