It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:51 am

4 manual modern organ for Hauptwerk (Sonus Paradisi)

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

mnailor

Re: 4 manual modern organ for Hauptwerk (Sonus Paradisi)

PostSat Dec 09, 2023 2:00 pm

Do you mean you multi-selected both the Front and Rear Tuba ranks in Organ settings | Rank voicing, with overall amplitude as the selected parameter, moved the master slider down, and the dB numbers stayed at zero while the stop's volume didn't change?

Or is there a Tuba division slider on the organ's Mixer tab and it has no effect?

(I haven't gotten the update.)

Romanos

PostSat Dec 09, 2023 9:27 pm

Correct. Moving the master fader for the overall amplitude of the tuba doesn’t move or adjust anything, and it snaps back to default.

Romanos

PostSat Dec 09, 2023 9:33 pm

I stand corrected. Sorry for the false alarm.

It is confusing because when you click on the 8’ tuba, it pings you to adjust the 4’. But to adjust the tenor octave you actually need to adjust the 16’ tuba. It’s weird. But it’s working as it should.

voet

PostSat Dec 09, 2023 9:35 pm

The Tuba is a great addition to Billerbeck. It soars above the full organ. On my system full organ can be heard distinctly under it, but you do need to couple the Schwellwerk and Rückpositiv to the Hauptwerk. It certainly provides a nice punch, if it is not overused.

Thank you, Jiri, for offering this Christmas gift to previous owners of this sample set.

cochereau32

PostSat Dec 09, 2023 10:20 pm

Has anyone else experienced errors downloading these files? I’ve downloaded files of this size and type from Sonus paradisi at least 20 times in the past and I’ve never had a problem. But in this case, I have been getting constant checksum errors for the past two days. I re-download the file that Hauptwerk says has an error, reinstall the instrument again, I get another error message. It’s been the .rar file and parts 00, 01 and 02. I’ve downloaded them each at least 3 times and still errors persist… ugh

seh52

PostSat Dec 09, 2023 10:45 pm

I downloaded and HW failed to extract files twice today (Error code 1166).

cochereau32

PostSun Dec 10, 2023 11:07 am

This is the error message I consistently get:

inf:116420OrganInstallationPackages/002283/HW/HW_OctavaMajor4/ORTF_HW_OctavaMajor4/re100150/090-F23.wav20-20checksum20error

dr.stewa

PostMon Dec 11, 2023 11:28 am

I have problems loading the new Billerbeck.
Part 1 the demo works fine, but hauptwerk freezes on loading the complete surround version.
No RAM problem. Other organs work fine. Anyone having the same experience? Should I download part 2 again? Should I delete any files manually? Which previous settings (and how) should I delete? I uninstalled the previous versions before the new install as indicated...

Thanks, Stephan

mdyde

PostMon Dec 11, 2023 12:19 pm

Hello Stephan,

I have no experience myself with the sample set, but in case it's relevant, earlier in the thread Jiri mentioned:

zurek wrote:nfortunately, the new version is not compatible with the older Billerbeck versions! Therefore, we recommend uninstalling the old Billerbeck version completely, including all the saved combinations and settings, and then installing the new version. If you choose not to uninstall, be prepared to wait for a very long time (perhaps also 10 minutes) when loading the new instrument for the first time, because Hauptwerk needs to sort out all the changes in the settings. Unfortunately, the combinations saved with an earlier version of Billerbeck will not work with the new version 1.5 !
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

dr.stewa

PostMon Dec 11, 2023 12:22 pm

Thanks Martin,

but that is exactely what I did, with one exception: "including all the saved combinations and settings," How can I delete "settings"?

Stephan

mnailor

PostMon Dec 11, 2023 12:34 pm

When you uninstall an organ (not the data components), a popup window asks if you wanted to delete its saved settings and combinations.

Jiri did warn that Hauptwerk would stop for a long time loading the organ the first time while it dealt with the saved settings. Maybe you just need to let it finish.

dr.stewa

PostMon Dec 11, 2023 12:51 pm

Thanks, then I should have installed all settings with the organ. Unfortunately Hauptwerk freezes, which I have never seen before...

Stephan

mdyde

PostMon Dec 11, 2023 1:02 pm

Hello Stephan,

If you mean that, when uninstalling the older version of the organ definition, you didn't select the option to remove all settings and combinations, I'd recommend:

- Use "File | Uninstall ..." to uninstall the Billerbeck sample set, including all of its "Organ: ..." and "Data: ..." entries.

- When prompted during the deinstallation, select the option to remove its settings and combinations.

- Verify that all off the files that you downloaded for the sample set have MD5 checksums that match these values exactly:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=18551&start=75#p157614

- Now reinstall the (latest version of) the sample set.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

mnailor

PostMon Dec 11, 2023 1:23 pm

The Updates tab on the SP page for the organ explains that HW may freeze for maybe ten minutes on first loading. The Blog entry explains further:

https://www.sonusparadisi.cz/en/blog/bi ... ompatible/

bambergfranken

PostSat Dec 16, 2023 1:54 am

As described by Jiri, I have completely uninstalled Billerbeck.
Then I installed the "new" Billerbeck files in Hauptwerk. Unsuccessful, as some data is missing. Is it an update that is installed over the old Billerbeck? Unfortunately I didn't get an answer, well. But why does it say to uninstall the old Billerbeck?
Then I reloaded the old Billerbeck (with the previous update) and installed the new Billerbeck over it. However, no action (install/uninstall) is possible with the new Billerbeck files. And even more annoying: The instrument cannot be loaded again because data is missing. Maybe I'm just too stupid. I then installed the old Billerbeck again. At least it works.
I don't understand why they don't describe in detail how to install the new organ. I would also like Sonusparadisi to put all the required files in an upload folder. Then you have what you need and can't do anything wrong.
Who can tell me how to install the new organ? I can't get any further at this point. Thank you very much!
Roman
PreviousNext

Return to Hauptwerk instruments