It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 6:44 am

4 manual modern organ for Hauptwerk (Sonus Paradisi)

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

player1

Re: 4 manual modern organ for Hauptwerk (Sonus Paradisi)

PostSun May 24, 2020 3:27 pm

[*]I have installed the Billerbeck sample (excellent!) but am having no luck figuring out the Pedal Matrix function. I have hardware pedals for Positif, Great and Swell that I wish to hook up. Would someone provide the keystrokes and sequence on how to do that. I have read the Pedal Matrix discussion for the Billerbeck in two places and tried to follow those directions. I have not tried to use the HW auto detect function thinking that it will not work on this sample and one must use the Pedal Matrix. I will appreciate any help I can get and thank you in advance.

This is my first purchase and download of a SP sample set and maybe this Pedal Matrix is common with those sample sets. I have no problem using the auto detect method for my other downloads..

player1

mnailor

PostSun May 24, 2020 3:53 pm

If I remember correctly, I autodetected on the images of expression pedals at the top of the pedal matrix screen, choosing which physical pedal to autodetect according to the division that screen shows as connected to that image at the top.

Romanos

PostSun May 24, 2020 9:27 pm

Yes- go to the pedal screen, right click and auto detect. Quick and easy.

player1

PostMon May 25, 2020 6:35 pm

mnailor and Romanos,

Thank you for your responses but I guess I am just not too bright.

On the Pedal Matrix screen, I light the designator (?) button for RPositif with the mouse on the first vertical row, the number scale then moves from 127 down to 4, then I hit the "set" button at the bottom, I Right click on the leftmost pedal at the top, I move the leftmost of three pedals on the organ, I again hit set button at the bottom - NOTHING

I have started with the set button, then Right clicked on the top pedal, the hit the RPositif button, moved the organ pedal - NOTHING

I have tried all kinds of sequences between the pedals at the top, the set button, the manual designator button and the pedals on the organ- NOTHING (except the number scale goes down to 4 on the RPositif I am hoping when I close, I will say "Don't Save" then it will go back to 127 default setting)

While fooling with this, I have now gotten the Harmonic Trumpet 8 on the SW such that it comes on coupled to the pedal division with my Gen. Pistons set on the HW screen. Very annoying when you really don't want it on! I am thinking that as the Cresendo number has decended to about 10 on the Pedal Matrix so maybe that is throwing on the Har. Trump 8 all the time. I am lost here as well. Maybe this is not related to the Pedal Matrix.

As far as the three Memory buttons at the bottom, I am completely clueless on what they would do or how they would work. If I ever get the three division pedals identified and working, I surely don't want to mix them around by using a different memory! I am an old man and have enough troubles with memory in my everyday life!

Throw me another Life RIng please!

player1

IainStinson

PostWed May 27, 2020 7:11 pm

For player1: If you are still having trouble with the Pedal Matrix you may find this note helps:
https://iainstinson.com/hauptwerk/pedal-matrix.pdf

Iain

zurek

PostThu May 28, 2020 1:20 am

Its perfectly explained on my web pages, too, for long years.
http://www.sonusparadisi.cz/en/blog/dyn ... do-pedals/
Jiri Zurek,
Prague
http://www.sonusparadisi.cz

Glenn English

PostThu Aug 27, 2020 4:30 pm

So, I've just downloaded the Vol.3 semi-dry set (all 5 .rar components) and have gone through the 'install organ' process without any problems or error messages.
However, when I try to load the organ for the first time, it tells me that package 002283 is missing....
What have I overlooked ? (since I get a new sampleset so infrequently, I always forget some of the steps along the way.... :roll: )

Thanks in anticipation.

murph

PostFri Aug 28, 2020 3:59 am

Hi Glen, you need to download the Demo vol1 too.

Glenn English

PostFri Aug 28, 2020 4:32 am

Ah - I hadn't twigged that.....

Many Thanks !

JulianMoney-Kyrle

PostSat Aug 29, 2020 4:56 am

Glenn,

I have a number of SP sample sets, though none which use the pedal matrix. However, I think you are confusing two steps:

1. You have to assign the physical controls on your console to the virtual controls of the organ in question. In this case you have to link your physical swell pedals to one or more of the virtual "balanced swell pedals" on the pedal matrix screen (these are represented by pictures of pedals in the top row). The easiest way of doing this is by right-clicking on the image and then choosing auto-detect, then moving your physical pedal through its full range a couple of times, then clicking OK. You can check that this has worked as moving your pedal should cause the image on the screen to move with it.

2. You then have to connect the virtual swell pedal to one of the controls of the organ (e.g. a swell box or a crescendo pedal) by clicking on the buttons on the matrix. If you need to change this you simply click on different buttons. You can store the configuration so that you can change it quickly, and I would imagine that you could also assign the on-screen buttons to an instantaneous control such as a thumb piston or a Launchpad (again using auto-detect) so that you can reconfigure the pedals while you are playing.

The set button doesn't come into this at all. You use this for storing various combinations of stops and couplers either in the virtual pistons of the organ, the virtual pistons of Hauptwerk or the frames of the stepper; for scoped pistons you also need to use the scope button to specify which stops they work on (e.g. a specific division). Again you need to assign these controls to your physical controls (e.g. pistons, using auto-detect) in order to use them. Hauptwerk has a full range of general and scoped pistons, as well as all of the couplers you can imagine, plus crescendo pedals, so that you are not bound by the limitations of the sample set (for Baroque sets these can be minimal), though sometimes it can be a bit confusing if you accidentally duplicate them when you are setting up.

When you are setting up a new sample set it helps if you can be clear in your mind how the routing works. Usually it is very simple:
physical control --> virtual control
in which case Autodetect will do everything.

In this case Sonus Paradisi have put in an extra layer:
Physical control --> "balanced swell pedal" (use autodetect) --> sampleset swell / crescendo pedal (use matrix)

I hope that all makes sense. In my experience Sonus Paradisi sample sets are well thought-out to make them flexible and easy to play, as well as being very well recorded. Jiri also gives excellent after-sales support. I hope this doesn't put you off.

Julian

zurek

PostFri Dec 08, 2023 6:02 am

A powerful Tuba has been added to the Billerbeck virtual organ. During the summer, we returned to Billerbeck, and we recorded the Tuba stop added to the instrument recently. The Tuba has three pitch ranges 16', 8', and 4', and it can be coupled to any manual or pedal. In pedal, it also has a 2' pitch in addition to the three mentioned. The Tuba has a darker tone and it is very loud, so that it sounds well through the tutti of the rest of the instrument. Its purpose is soloistic.

In Hauptwerk, we opted to make the Tuba a division on its own, so that the Hauptwerk native Master Couplers can be used effectively with the new stop. Thus, the Tuba forms a 5th hidden manual of the sample set. Eventually, a MIDI keyboard can also be attached to the Tuba division using a small trick. By clicking into the space above the manuals on the console screen, a pop-up menu will appear allowing to attach a MIDI keyboard to a hidden 5th manual.

Existing customers can upgrade (for free) from within the user zone ("My Products") using the existing Billerbeck links. The new version has the number 1.5. Unfortunately, the new version is not compatible with the older Billerbeck versions! Therefore, we recommend uninstalling the old Billerbeck version completely, including all the saved combinations and settings, and then installing the new version. If you choose not to uninstall, be prepared to wait for a very long time (perhaps also 10 minutes) when loading the new instrument for the first time, because Hauptwerk needs to sort out all the changes in the settings. Unfortunately, the combinations saved with an earlier version of Billerbeck will not work with the new version 1.5 !

The Billerbeck sample set published in 2020 has quickly become one of the Sonus Paradisi best-selling sample sets. Together with the Caen sample set and the Rotterdam Hoofdorgel sample set, these three are constantly the top selling sample sets of Sonus Paradisi. I hope the users will agree that adding the Tuba to the sample set was worth the upgrade.
Jiri Zurek,
Prague

CyrilCouten

PostSat Dec 09, 2023 2:50 am

Unfortunately, the combinations saved with an earlier version of Billerbeck will not work with the new version 1.5 !

Before uninstalling I saved the registration "combs1 ..." file with a different name on a different folder and reloaded it with the new version. All my combinations are now on the new version. Good news.

Yes, a very nice set !

Tks.

zurek

PostSat Dec 09, 2023 4:25 am

To be more specific on the stored combinations, I made a post on my web about it:
https://www.sonusparadisi.cz/en/blog/bi ... ompatible/

To summarize: the combinations will work, except for two stops where the IDs changed: the Aequallage and Coupler IV-I. These two stops will now drag different knobs.
Jiri Zurek,
Prague

vpo-organist

PostSat Dec 09, 2023 1:05 pm

Hello all,
if you want to check the 17 downloaded files (ODF 1.5) for errors in one go with my tool ws.HashGen2.0.1, copy the following lines into the field "File with hash codes" at the bottom left and set the file path to the download directory at the top right.

All files can check with "Calculate all entries automatically".
On my laptop, the files are checked after 3m 40s.

Billerbeck_vol2.CompPkg.Hauptwerk.r00 1b24deb42d700c0356ae6b382843a3f8
Billerbeck_vol2.CompPkg.Hauptwerk.r01 d5add7fd6ad9939eb4ca25fa69961db1
Billerbeck_vol2.CompPkg.Hauptwerk.r02 1997ef3a7b12977c7232e2c393f44c53
Billerbeck_vol2.CompPkg.Hauptwerk.r03 212eda775a40238c91a69e2c55c56bb5
Billerbeck_vol2.CompPkg.Hauptwerk.r04 48180a6201fe948fc107226fe70c6668
Billerbeck_vol2.CompPkg.Hauptwerk.r05 de84d6cbaa45406aad393ab23002cdb9
Billerbeck_vol2.CompPkg.Hauptwerk.r06 573fb943bd1f4153422e23c756a23f4c
Billerbeck_vol2.CompPkg.Hauptwerk.r07 6cddacbb77e1343d4af1b050242470d6
Billerbeck_vol2.CompPkg.Hauptwerk.rar 4cfd0c2ae5535133203f2f1822f053ec
Billerbeck_vol1.CompPkg.Hauptwerk.r00 6bde119389f24db8011b54dbfca799bd
Billerbeck_vol1.CompPkg.Hauptwerk.r01 03e8ddccbc98c855ce53784459dbcb3c
Billerbeck_vol1.CompPkg.Hauptwerk.r02 2144b0be80de332b5dfee166dea41e0e
Billerbeck_vol1.CompPkg.Hauptwerk.r03 f04bf058ed762fd4ca57e6684f47c94a
Billerbeck_vol1.CompPkg.Hauptwerk.r04 20a0d4c3a501f7b007f29bd54652ebba
Billerbeck_vol1.CompPkg.Hauptwerk.r05 4cb20e8c18167544eb189a7be9a6f567
Billerbeck_vol1.CompPkg.Hauptwerk.r06 4a7fca0fafd7a3125f586f47ab7d0370
Billerbeck_vol1.CompPkg.Hauptwerk.rar 68739af03d0c3fe17e9fa14a3d6e2a97

I wish you happy Advent days!

Wolfgang

Romanos

PostSat Dec 09, 2023 1:27 pm

I'm liking the new update, and I love the new tuba, generically speaking. That said, the thing is just about of Apocalyptic proportions and I can't even hear full Gt & Sw coupled together vs. the tuba, so I went to adjust turn down the master fader for overall amplitude but it didn't do anything. My HW installation is the current 8.0.1. I'm wondering if this is a HW issue (generally speaking) or if it's something in how the ODF was configured. Has anyone else run into this?
PreviousNext

Return to Hauptwerk instruments