It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:07 am

Need St. Max temperament

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

1961TC4ME

Need St. Max temperament

PostFri Jun 26, 2020 2:22 pm

Hello all,

Due to a recent computer issue which is now resolved, it required I re-install all of my sample sets. One in particular is the St. Max. I discovered after the installation that the St. Max temperament is no longer showing up in the list of available temperaments, and like in the past I assumed the fresh download and re-install would automatically include it.

From the Sonus Paradisi website on the St. Max >> "Temperament chart provided featuring the proprietary St. Maximin tuning (mean tone modified). It use is highly recommended instead of the so called "original organ tuning" in Hauptwerk, which contains also the casual mis-tunings at the time of the organ recording."

Under the tab where the temperaments list is found the only choices I have is either "original organ tuning" (not recommended per Sonus Paradisi) or several other mean tone selections along with a list of others, probably about a dozen (give or take a few) temperaments total. In the past, prior to the recent re-install there was an actual "St. Max" temperament in the list which is now not present. Any idea how I go about obtaining it, or perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place?

Thanks,

Marc
Last edited by 1961TC4ME on Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mnailor

Re: Need St. Max temperament

PostFri Jun 26, 2020 3:37 pm

If I remember correctly, the temperament was part of the four RAR files required to install St. Max. Since it was unencrypted, the download links still point to the same HW 4 install files, so reinstalling should give you the temperament.

So I don't know how it could be missing, or where else you could get it.

1961TC4ME

PostFri Jun 26, 2020 4:01 pm

mnailor wrote:If I remember correctly, the temperament was part of the four RAR files required to install St. Max. Since it was unencrypted, the download links still point to the same HW 4 install files, so reinstalling should give you the temperament.

So I don't know how it could be missing, or where else you could get it.

Hello mnailor,

Yeah, that's what's got me a bit baffled, it was in the temperament list before. I just downloaded the St. Max again (same RAR's as I downloaded 5 years ago I assume) about 2 weeks ago, installed it, all went well, but now no 'St. Max' temperament showing up in the list.

If anyone has an idea here.

Marc

mnailor

PostFri Jun 26, 2020 6:23 pm

I have 3 St. Maximin temperaments listed, but I've never reinstalled St. Max since I first got it, copying the same directory to new machines and through the HW 5 upgrade. St. Max didn't require reinstallation.

Looking at my RAR archive, I had installed the 1-4 files and a 2.01 update, all in 2017, but the update is no longer on the SP web site. If the 2.01 update was folded into the 4 current download files since then, they might have been rebuilt without including the temperaments.

I'd contact Jiri through the SP site and ask. It's probably just an oversight.

1961TC4ME

PostFri Jun 26, 2020 9:49 pm

Yeah, as you say either a possible oversight or maybe the temperament is just included now without having to list it (or them) separately, I don't know. When I looked at the list 'original organ tuning' was checked, what Jiri suggests shouldn't be used. I'll drop him a line and see what he says.

Marc

1961TC4ME

PostMon Jun 29, 2020 1:15 pm

Jiri repsonded to an email I dropped him this morning.

Hello, Marc,
I thought the temperament charts are not much useful, since the Original Organ Tuning can be used in Hauptwerk to emulate the real temperament of the instrument.

But I uploaded the temperament charts now to the "Updates" tab of the sample set:
http://www.sonusparadisi.cz/en/organs/f ... rance.html

Yours,
Jiri

Thanks, Jiri!

Marc

Return to Hauptwerk instruments