It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:58 pm

"Caen"-Sampleset and HW 5 issues??

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

MasonMerey

"Caen"-Sampleset and HW 5 issues??

PostSun Jul 05, 2020 10:38 am

Hi there,
I recently purchased the SP Sample-Set of Caen (St. Etienne) and I wonder, if anyone else has some issues in HW 5 as I seem to have:
Normally with manual registration all works well, but when I want to use the generals I have some issues:
- The "general cancel" seems not to work on all stops. Always some stops stay drawn after pressing it.
- When setting a new combination not all drawn stops are saved into the generals. And these are the same, that won't react to the "cancel" button.

I was really pereplex after founding this out, because when I use other Samplesets as "St. Eucaire" from Milan all is working well and no stop "misbehaves".
I WAS getting a "warning" when installing Caen in HW 5, that this is a HW 4 sample set... but as Sonus Paradisi states, that it is compatible I ignored that warning...

So now I just wanted to know: Are there others with similar problems with Caen and HW 5??

Would love to talk about that! Thanks!

Tom

mnailor

Re: "Caen"-Sampleset and HW 5 issues??

PostSun Jul 05, 2020 2:18 pm

If you mean the Appels pedals that control each division's reeds/upperwork windchest, try right clicking the control and unticking the Always On option. Make sure you do that for very screen.

Then Cancel should turn them off.

However, I don't think the sampleset allows master registration buttons to control the Appels, no matter what you do. You can hook them up to 4 toe studs or pistons to toggle them French style, or leave them Always On and just change the speaking stops with pistons English style.

mdyde

PostMon Jul 06, 2020 3:35 am

Hello MasonMerey,

To add to mnailor's reply, there were no changes to the way that Hauptwerk's combination system worked between Hauptwerk v4 and v5, so the sample set should behave the same in those respects in v5 as it did in v4.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

MasonMerey

Re: "Caen"-Sampleset and HW 5 issues?? SOLVED

PostMon Jul 06, 2020 11:13 am

I carefully checked all settings for my stops in comparison to other sample sets and found the mistake:

The mistake was made by Hauptwerk in the MIDI-learning process.
When I assigned my manual draw knobs to the stops, Hauptwerk marked them as „Momentary piston, MIDI note on/off“ so it would not be a permanent setting.

I took the time and went through all 55 stops and found that about half of them had this setting.
After I changed all of them to the normal setting „Stop or hold-piston MIDI note on/off“ and then tried the combination setter and the general cancel again everything worked just fine!

Maybe some problems in the HW learning system???

mdyde

PostMon Jul 06, 2020 11:32 am

Hello Tom,

Thanks for the update, and glad to hear you've managed to resolve it.

If Hauptwerk had auto-detected them with that event type then it just means that you hadn't turned the relevant MIDI stop switches on and also then off again when auto-detecting them. You need to make sure you do both (as the instructions on the auto-detection wizard mention), so that Hauptwerk also hears the 'off' event (as well as the 'on' event), and thus can know what to configuration would be appropriate for that type of MIDI switch.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Hauptwerk instruments