It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:14 am

Haarlem Set Voxus

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

münsterorganist

Haarlem Set Voxus

PostFri Aug 21, 2020 2:28 am

I notice, that when 8' pipes are moved into the room, the front portion always remains strong in all plants. Did I make a mistake during the installation?

münsterorganist

Re: Haarlem Set Voxus

PostFri Aug 21, 2020 2:29 am

Sorry, not plants, I mean HW,BW,RP

adri

PostSat Aug 22, 2020 3:22 am

If I understand your correctly, you wonder why the Prestant 8' stops of all divisions sound kind of loud? That's because these pipes stand in front of the façade and speak a little louder than pipes that stand inside the organ case. Does that help?

münsterorganist

PostSat Aug 22, 2020 6:37 am

Thank you for answer. No, I don't mean that, sorry. The settling process- attack- of the sample does not move into the church room, he stays by my set when I move the perspectives slider. I notice that especially with the 16' and 8' stops. The release is normaly, there I hear the acoustic shift. I hope I clarified what I hear.

adri

PostMon Aug 24, 2020 12:13 pm

As I don’t have this set, I’m sorry, I cannot help you any further.

vpo-organist

PostTue Aug 25, 2020 7:42 am

This sounds like an error in the sample set (this has nothing to do with the installation). Does the error occur only while you move the slider, or also with the changed perspective?

münsterorganist

PostTue Aug 25, 2020 9:40 am

Thank you Adri for the readiness to help. I mean, that the 16' and 8' stops do not implement the room shift in the attack phase, no matter you move the perspective slider.

mnailor

PostTue Aug 25, 2020 12:50 pm

Do you mean that the attack part of the pipe speech doesn't decrease in volume along with the sustain part when you move the slider down (away from the front)? You shouldn't hear as much pipe attack in the rear samples, but it should stay proportional to the sustain. Or is it the key press noise that doesn't shift to farther away? Or both?

I just tested the Organ (front) to Acoustic (rear) slider with various 8 and 16' flues on Haarlem, and it works as I'd expected. Moving to rear samples decreases the level of key noise (with Tractuur on), pipe attack, and pipe sustain pretty much equally to my ears while increasing the duration of reverb tails.

münsterorganist

PostWed Aug 26, 2020 1:35 am

Yes, exactly. Attack proportion always remains the same. Volume decreases when the slider is moved, but without reverberation. Maby it is a mistake in my set. Thank you for help.

vpo-organist

PostWed Aug 26, 2020 4:44 am

I rather don't think it is a mistake in the installed set. But if you have any doubts, you can reinstall the set. The dialog recognizes that the set is already installed and offers the option Re-Install.

Alte_neume

PostThu Aug 27, 2020 10:17 pm

Hello,
I believe I know exactly what you are referring to. I have had the set for several years. If I am correct: On the screen showing the room placement slider. Look directly beneath the slider. You will see a button (I cannot remember the words on the button as I am not at my console and routinely leave it off). By clicking it, its text will appear underlined or not to indicate on/off. By turning this function off, you will lose that close attack of the pipes you are speaking about and will hear an accurate representation of your location away from the organ. Hope that helps.

Return to Hauptwerk instruments