It is currently Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:06 am

Looking for an old sample : Noorderkerk

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

DomD

Looking for an old sample : Noorderkerk

PostSat Oct 24, 2020 2:00 pm

Please, could someone help me to find and buy this old sample, only realised for HW1 ? Thanks !

IainStinson

Re: Looking for an old sample : Noorderkerk

PostSun Oct 25, 2020 4:44 am

You may have already seen this page http://www.pcorgan.com/SampleSets1982NoorderkerkEN.html on the PC organ site. It says the instrument is no longer available.
Iain

RickC

PostMon Oct 26, 2020 11:51 am

I remember long ago trying this sample set. The stop list made it very interesting. But the samples were very noisy - so that a single pipe sounding had considerable background hiss which abruptly stopped at the end to the reverb tail. There must be, in all the newer available sets, something similar that would meet your needs, and be far superior.
Rick

DomD

PostMon Oct 26, 2020 12:04 pm

Thanks for your answers Iain and Rick. . I'd seen the page on PCORGAN of course, But it is just curiosity I never heard about this old sample before and the original organ seemed to be interresting. I like nowadays to discover ancient samples. I bought a few weeks ago the BUttforde organ... very surprising and so nice, and I decided to buy last week the new version of Thyn Church in Prag (Sonus P)...... two great samples. I'll record and post some demos of each on CCH.

Return to Hauptwerk instruments