It is currently Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:28 am

Can't install Groningen sample set

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

tomaszartur

Can't install Groningen sample set

PostSun Nov 01, 2020 2:30 am

Morning, yesterday I bought the St Martini, Groningen sample set. Already had a demo version installed. I got all new files which I installed, I activated iLok. The problem is when I opening Hauptwerk and want to load the organ, I can only see St Martini, surr Demo. There is nothing I could press to load the full version. Don't know what to do.

I just re-installed Hauptwerk, loaded Caen sample set which works fine and now started loading Groningen.
After loading the first part I can see "Re-install" option. There is also "No action" and "Un-install".
I don't get it, I removed Hauptwerk with all data completely and still can see "Re-install"

I did activate the codes on my iLok yesterday. Do I have to deactivate them now?

Please help.
Tom

adri

Re: Can't install Groningen sample set

PostSun Nov 01, 2020 8:39 am

Uninstalling Hauptwerk may not have erased the installed sample set files. You would have to do that manually. Erasing a sample set from within HW requires two steps: the data and the file that operates the sample set. Two operations.

mdyde

PostSun Nov 01, 2020 9:35 am

Hello Tom,

I don't have experience myself with that sample set, so I don't know for certain which particular files you need to download or install for it.

However, for Hauptwerk in general:

- To install a sample set, you should just need to make sure that the relevant licence is activated to your iLok dongle (or iLok Cloud, for those people who use that instead of a dongle) *first*, and then make sure that you install (or re-install) *all* of the sample set's installation files one by one (via 'File | Install ... in Hauptwerk).

- There is never a need to deactivate any licence from your iLok dongle/account when uninstalling/reinstalling anything (unless you sell the sample set licence to someone else, of course).

- If you want to uninstall a sample set entirely (via 'File | Uninstall ...' in Hauptwerk), make sure that you set the action to 'Uninstall' for *each* of that sample set's 'Data: ...' and 'Organ: ...' entries in the left-hand list. That will ensure that all of its parts are removed completely.

- If uninstalling Hauptwerk itself the uninstaller will prompt you to ask whether you want to remove all of its settings and data. If you wanted to remove all organs, etc. then you would need to say 'yes' to that prompt. However, there's no need to uninstall Hauptwerk if you just want to remove a sample set.

- If in doubt, try just makling sure that the licence is (still) activated, then re-installing *all* of the sample set's installation packages, as provided by Sonus Paradisi. (Check with Sonus Paradisi, if you aren't certain which files need to be installed for it.)
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

micdev

Site Admin

PostSun Nov 01, 2020 10:16 am

Hello Tom,

I don't know if you purchased the full version of the Groningen, but you will need to download the DEMO, and also all the files added to your SP account.

Martini_Demo.rar
Martini_Demo.r00, r01, r02
Martini_SemiDry_Demo.CompPkg...
Martini_Vol1.partXX.CompPkg.... (where x = 01 to 07)
Martini_Vol2.partX.CompPkg... (where x=1 to 4)
Martin_Vol3.partX.CompPkg... (where x=1 to 4)

Note that all these files are multi-parts RAR files, meaning that you install only the first file for each group of files

- Martini_Demo.rar will install at the same time r00, r01 & r02
- Martini_Semi_dry is one file only
- Martini_Vol1.part01 will install the 7 files 01 to 07 etc

Hope that helps
Best regards
François

Virtually sharing my enthusiasm and experience with you
Worldwide technical assistance, consultation and ready to play system.

http://www.HauptwerkConsultant.com

AND Hauptwerk Support Manager

tomaszartur

PostSun Nov 01, 2020 3:17 pm

Thank you very much for all your messages.
It seems one of the files wasn't correct when I downloaded.
It took me a few hours but I finally managed to load the full version of the organ!
It does sound fantastic!

Once again thank you.

Best,
Tom

micdev

Site Admin

PostSun Nov 01, 2020 9:25 pm

You're welcome. Enjoy!
Best regards
François

Virtually sharing my enthusiasm and experience with you
Worldwide technical assistance, consultation and ready to play system.

http://www.HauptwerkConsultant.com

AND Hauptwerk Support Manager

Return to Hauptwerk instruments