It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:09 am

French Baroque style Organ from Zamardi (16+3/III+P) - new

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

takatsa

French Baroque style Organ from Zamardi (16+3/III+P) - new

PostSun Nov 29, 2020 11:18 am

I am happy to inform everyone that completed my new sample set of French Baroque style Organ from Zamárdi (Hungary) . The organ has three manuals and pedal and 19 stops.

Zamárdi is a famous holiday town in Somogy County, Hungary known for its beaches at Lake Balaton with 2,600 inhabitants.

The church, built in honor of the Assumption, was built from 1771 to 1777 in Baroque-Rococo style. The picture depicting the birth of Mary, the pulpit, and the wooden statues (St. Michael the Angel, St. Joseph, St. John the Baptist) were made in 1779 by master György Lingzer from Székesfehérvár. The parish church was run by Benedictine monks until the time of the communist era, and has since been diocesan.

The organ was made by an unknown master in 1786 and this organ worked very well even in the XX. century as well. In World War II, the Soviet soldiers set fire to the organ cabinet and the metal pipes were taken away, the organ being completely destroyed. After that, the church did not have an organ for 60 years. The construction of the new organ was initiated by the parish priest György Kocsi in 2006. Church devotees and vacationers raised money for the organ. The Pécs Organ Building Manufactory was commissioned to build the organ. One of its leaders, the family of Attila Budavári, came from Zamárdi. The Pécs Manufactory not only built the organ, but also donated the third manual Cornet pipes. The organ was built in the French-Baroque style. This organ is the only small French-Baroque style organ in Central Europe. Organ designer Bertrand Cattiaux was involved in the design of this, and the intonation of the instrument took place under his personal direction. The organ was completed in 2010 and has been an ornament of the church ever since.

The sample sets are available in wave format 48kHz/24bit, stereo, multiple loops (1-8) and multiple releases (3 levels). Equal, a=420 Hz. and accompanied by its own temperament. The reverb 2.5 s, reflects the original acoustics of the church. Hauptwerk v4.2 and v5 and v6 supported for the Organ Definition Files.
The sample sets made in several forms.
Original and extended versions: stereo near (semidry), stereo far (wet) and six-channels surround.
In the surround versions you can adjust the perspective by setting the volume of the near, far and rear recordings.
For the near (semidry) versions, the IR reverb file of the temple is available for use with Hauptwerk v5-6.

Screenshots
Audio demos
More information

Acknowledgements:
The following friends helped me to make and publish the sample set (in alphabetical order): Dominique Dantand, Gérard Lefranc, Nagy István, Jean-Pierre Silvestre and Adrian Wheal. If something's done well, it's thanks to them. Thank you for their work. Special thanks to Dominique Dantand for his help, who not only made amazing audio demos, but also, following his instructions, I created the extended version, which enabled the organ to perform a full range of French Baroque compositions.

Tweedle_Dee

Re: French Baroque style Organ from Zamardi (16+3/III+P) - n

PostSun Nov 29, 2020 5:40 pm

I've been looking forward to this release! It sounds very nice. Ordered.

takatsa

Re: French Baroque style Organ from Zamardi (16+3/III+P) - n

PostMon Nov 30, 2020 6:08 am

Tweedle_Dee wrote:I've been looking forward to this release! It sounds very nice. Ordered.

Thanks. I hope you will not be disappointed. :)
Augustine

Return to Hauptwerk instruments