It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 9:16 am

1966 FBR Schantz!

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

afwen

1966 FBR Schantz!

PostTue Jun 22, 2004 3:08 pm

I installed my new 1966 FBR Schantz organ today, and it is a joy! The excellent reeds are my personal favorites. Many thanks to Mr. Orwig for this tremendous effort.

I am running with no trouble whatsoever on a 1.9 GHz Athlon system which I upgraded from 1 GB to 1.5 GB for this special occasion; Hauptwerk checks in at 780MB with the FBR Schantz loaded, so I suspect that this upgrade might not have been necessary.

Thanks again for this wonderful addition to the Hauptwerk canon. Folks, you will not go wrong with this pithy set.

-Alvin

giwro

...Thanks

PostWed Jun 23, 2004 8:09 pm

Thanks for the kind words!

Work is slowly progressing on the 3m version - my special favorites so far are the Hautbois and the unda maris.

So far I've had very positive responses from those who have purchased the set, and a minimum of issues needing to be resolved. There are a couple of release marker errors and a fade in/out that need to be fixed. I'll be contacting all users when the updates are ready with a weblink for downloading them.

Best,
Jonathan Orwig
Coon Rapids, Minnesota USA
http://www.evensongmusic.net

Ken

1966 Schantz Organ

PostFri Jun 25, 2004 12:03 am

I received my CD today and started to play it and modify the definition file to recognize my console. The sounds are great. I am very pleased. It offers some samples that lean towards the French organ tradition; sounds that I have previously been unable to access. I am looking forward to spending more time with it.

I was a bit discouraged that there was very little information about the original instrument, particularly the absence of pictures of the console and the pipes. I hope that Jonathan will snap some shots and post them.

Anyway, if you own Hauptwerk, this CD is a must-have. Great work Jonathan!! Can't wait for the 3rd manual....

Ken

giwro

....pictures

PostFri Jun 25, 2004 2:25 pm

<chuckle>

you want PICTURES?

If you only knew the struggle it was to squeeze the editing into my already busy schedule...

I have a new digital camera coming, and will take some chamber and other shots soon.

Best,
Jonathan Orwig
Coon Rapids, Minnesota USA
http://www.evensongmusic.net

widor542

PostFri Jun 25, 2004 5:45 pm

I too purchased the FBR sample set from Jonathan Orwig.

I live in Riversde and stoped by the FBR Church, where the samples were made. Jonathan played the Organ while I was there.

I can say that hauptwerk, using the FBR samples, sounds as close to being in the Church, with out beng there.

Hugh

jocr

1966 FBR Schantz!

PostSat Jun 26, 2004 8:59 am

I'm still exploring this versatility of this instrument, even though I've worked with it for nearly 4 years via MIDI file and DAT tapes. [Originally written 6/26/2004]

To hear more than 10 hours of various styles of music on Jonathan's wonderful samples via HW1 and HW2, go to

http://www.virtuallybaroque.com/list5gp.htm

James Pressler
[Revised 9/12/2007]

Return to Hauptwerk instruments